The Sales agent is responsible for identifying, soliciting and closing new clients for animal feed. The Sales agent is accountable for driving growth of the business to achieve a dominant market share and high margins within the assigned region(s) via regional distributors, large scale farmers, farmers, retailers and potential key accounts.
- Conduct sales activities by securing primary sales orders from existing and potential customers focusing on achieving the agreed weekly, monthly and annual sales volume and revenue generation targets.
- Bridging gap between regional distributors and farmers to achieve agreed upon weekly, monthly and annual sales targets while ensuring a complete compliance with sales policy
- Conduct field visits in compliance with the tour Program/Journey Plan
- Implement planned trade marketing activities in the region to achieve the agreed targets.
- Implement sales strategies to ensure continued development and expansion of new and existing products availability and market share for meeting companies’ goals.
- Correctly and timely capturing and reporting of field outlets data to enable sales manager effectively measuring sales agent’s productivity and determine on key actions for improvement.
- Constantly monitor and share with sales manager, oral and written reports on market trends, customer needs, interest, competitor activities, emerging technologies and potentials for new products development.
- Adhering to animal health and farm management practices to support the accuracy of their information and guidance and enhance their confidence as they engage with regional distributors and farmers.
- Ensure all customer complaints or concerns are handled in a professional manner
- Rapid response to customers’ complaints or concerns
- In partnership with the sales manager & relevant department, respond rapidly and resolve customer complaints with regards to farm performance and/or technical enquiries to their satisfaction
- Answer queries and complaints from customers courteously with professionalism
- Transmit complaints to the right person for immediate action
- Track complaints to their satisfactory, for the client, completion
- Implement Company policies, procedures and standards as established by the company.
- Maintain a positive business reputation and develop strong relationships with regional distributors and farmers to ensure that there is continuous feedback about the quality of feed and services provided.
- Provide basic knowledge, advice and pricing about the products sold to regional distributors and farmers.
- Work diligently at gaining customers’ trust and ensure that they place repeat orders.
- Coordinate with the distribution team to monitor deliveries and forecasts via favourable economies of scale.
- Knowledge in animal health & nutrition
- Able to use basic computer software’s such as Ms-Word & Excel
- Good team skills and ability to self-manage
- Good customer-facing and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Commitment to share discrepancies and issues to the supervisor and relevant channel
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Sales agent experience. At least one (1) year of relevant experience in the industry.
- An ability to communicate effectively. The candidate must be able to clearly articulate the objectives of the Company and share information in an accessible manner throughout the channels.
- Sales Administrator
Poultry & Eggs: 3 Years
Sales: 3 Years