This job leads and drives global and regional initiatives in Company's operational environment. The job holder is responsible for the procurement operations as well as category performance initiatives.
- Establish and lead Company's Tanzania Procurement department, which ensures the support for the Group's global, and zone category management process as well as operational execution;
- Drive Company's Tanzania saving initiatives and actions as determined by global and regional strategies;
- Ensure the availability of all materials and services in close cooperation with responsible Central Ordering Officers;
- Implement the Company’s Procurement strategy in close cooperation with Regional Procurement;
- Provide leadership to the procurement team by offering technical support as well as guidance in all procurement operation;
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships;
- Planning to coordinate and dealing with buyers and purchasing departments in various organisations
- conducting interviews with vendors,
- Negotiating supplier agreements and managing supplier and vendor contracts.
- Constantly monitor what the company purchases, delivers and spends to determine if goods are defective or not meeting performance demands.
- Hire new buyers and purchasing agents and provide product-specific training to prepare new employees for their roles.
- Being able to do basic math, analyse information and make quick decisions which is helpful for choosing suppliers, managing costs and choosing quality merchandise
- Perform other duty as directed
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Procurement Logistics Business Administration
- Certified Supplies Professional Certificate in the Authorised category or Fellow
- Active member of PSPTBCIPS/IPSCMI
- Minimum five (5) years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in Swahili language and English
- Highly effective time management, planning and organisation skills ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships
- Proven ability to identify problems quickly, make sound judgments, establish and implement solutions
- Proven ability to solve and analyse data
- Proven ability to drive change in a complicated international environment
- Proven ability to effectively lead teams and drive for performance
- Excellent Skills in the application of Microsoft Office
- Database knowledge and statistics tools
- Knowledge and experience of E-Procurement Tools
- Excellent communication in both English and Kiswahili
Procurement / Purchasing: 5 Years