This position plans procurement strategies and executes by facilitating communication between user departments and providers to ensure provision of best value goods and services, always adhering to company procurement procedures and maintaining transparency throughout the process. The position involves compiling requested materials and records to draw up purchase orders for the procurement of materials and services, dealing with anything relating to the ordering of goods and supplies for the Company and determining if inventory quantities are sufficient for the needs of the Company and orders more supplies as needed.
- Preparing purchase orders.
- Providing support to the function of tender committee and implementing decisions of the tender committee. Recommending procurement and disposal in accordance with the procurement methodology to the tender committee.
- Reviewing specification requirements and preparing tender documents and advertisements of the tenders. In collaboration with the legal unit, prepare the contract documents.
- Maintain and archive all procurement documents and taking care of all the inventories procured. Maintain a register of all the contracts awarded relating to procurement activities.
- Preparing regular reports for Management on procurements, disposition with their costs and also provide status on all outstanding requests with their reasons.
- Conducting quarterly review on prices and product’s quality and monitor the supply market trend.
- Administering and managing suppliers/ vendors, ensuring that they observe the contract terms and conditions and advise Management on any deviation to the Contract terms and conditions for further action.
- Coordinate the Supplier/ contractor quality assessment, identify sub-standard and communicate to internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring timely delivery of goods and services and Codification of newly Asset of the Company. Conducting stock taking before the year end audit.
- Responding to customer and supplier inquiries.
- Reviewing requisition orders to verify accuracy, specifications and terminology.
- Comparing prices, specifications and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers. Preparing, maintaining and reviewing purchasing files, reporting price lists, tracking the status of requisitions, contracts and orders, locating suppliers, approving bills for payment, monitoring contractor performance, calculating the cost of orders, charging or forward invoices to the appropriate accounts, and monitoring in-house inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping records.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Business Administration, Procurement or Relevant degree; and
- 2+ years’ experience in Procurement.
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP).
- Demonstrated knowledge and intermediate proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- The employee shall comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation and shall also comply with the Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- All employees must live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote Company’s overall business objectives.
- To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- To perform any other duty as directed by line management.
Telecom Services & Equipment: 2 Years