Personal Assistant to the Managing Director
To provide a strictly private and confidential personal assistant role to the Managing Director. To manage the MD's workload, assist with tasks on hand and act as gatekeeper.
- Day to day diary management, managing all forms of incoming and outgoing communication (phone calls, emails, faxes, etc.) and answering of routine correspondence on behalf of the MD
- Management of calendar and schedule to maximize efficiency (personal & business)
- To work with Group Executive personnel when they visit the country as well as coordinate their travel arrangements.
- To compile Board papers and ensure they are sent in good time for meetings. To circulate reports, minutes and agendas for Board and Sub-committee meetings. To liaise with the Chairman and other Board Members on various matters as required. This particular role will require one to work closely with the Company Secretary.
- To respond to Board member and other stakeholder queries in a timely and professional manner, both orally and in writing.
- Analyze incoming and outgoing communication, submissions and reports and prepare and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to the MD as well as commercial department.
- To provide a comprehensive secretarial and administration service to the MD across the range of his work.
- To create an events calendar, coordinate & manage staff events including Staff Town Halls, Staff Functions, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, Team Buildings, Retreats, Farewell & Welcome events, etc.
- To maintain filing system and all other relevant areas as necessary.
- To manage the Bank’s marketing events including Golf Days, in-house customer lunches, media briefings, etc.
- To manage Group Assignments – Results briefings, launches, etc
- Arranging meetings with customers and suppliers as required for the MD
- Preparing letters, reports and correspondences in professional way
- Ensuring that the CEO is prepared for all meetings and calls
- Carrying out specific projects and research
- Coordination of monthly reporting
- Ensure all work is done on time and to a high quality standard
- To manage staff corporate wear, staff motivational items, wedding presents, support on bereavements, family additions, organize Staff meetings, etc.
- To maintain and continuously keep up to date all banks mailing lists.
- To co-ordinate all senior management and Board member travel arrangements ( flights, accommodation and airport pickups)
- To do any other work assigned by the Bank superiors.
Education and Qualifications
Associates or higher degree preferred in business (Marketing, PR, Advertising, Communications, Business Administration)
- 2+ years previous experience in professional/executive level Administrative Assistant position
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and Internet search skills
- Graphic design experience it’s an added advantage.
- Communication skills, Event Management skills, Interpersonal skills, Time
- Management, Organizational skills, Computer skills especially in Microsoft Office Applications
- Direct and successful experience working for Senior & Executive Level person.
- Personable and even tempered; capable of handling a high stress environment
- Adjustable to a fast paced, demanding work environment where priorities frequently change
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet multiple daily deadlines
- Maintains a positive attitude and is resilient, relentless and resourceful
- Strong delivery and communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and be trustworthy
- Honest and direct in communication
- Proactive in nature with the ability to stay one step ahead
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and creatively, with strong organizational and task management skills
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meeting
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Flexibility and the ability to work beyond regular hours as needed.
Banking: 2 Years