Personal Assistant to MD
The Personal Assistant to MD will be responsible for providing high quality executive personal assistance and administrative support to the Managing Director.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Managing Director including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, plan, coordinate and ensures the Managing Director’s schedule is followed and respected; acts in a “gatekeeper” capacity, creating win-win situations for direct access to CEO’s time and office.
- Composing and preparing correspondence; monitors and responds to emails; researches required information or background on organizations and individuals.
- Sets up meeting files, scheduling and calendaring meetings, sets meeting agendas, setting location, time, and appropriate duration, identifying, inviting and confirming participants, facility arrangements where required.
- Prepare travel arrangements, expense reports, and all items needed to ensure the Managing Director’s successful focus on external relations and organizational growth.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Managing Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Consult with the CEO in determining appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Provide a bridge for clear communication and maintain credibility, trust and support between the office of the Managing Director and staff.
- Work closely and effectively with the Managing Director to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follows up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the internal and external environments and keep the CEO updated.
- Draft acknowledgement and thank you letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization. Prioritize conflicting needs; handle all matter expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Manage the Managing Director’s office ensuring the proper documentation and record keeping on behalf of the CEO.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Occasionally travelling with Managing Director to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during business trips.
- Deputizing for the Managing Director, making decisions and delegating work to others in his absence.
- Ensure the Managing Director is fully briefed on, or prepared for engagements he is involved in.
- The job holder may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks that may be deemed necessary.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Ability to recognize and implement tasks independently.
- Ability to prioritize and distinguish important issues from non-important ones.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent oral and written command of English and Swahili.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills.
Banking: 8 Years
Admin & Clerical: 8 Years