The Operations Officer is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the operations team, shipping daily related orders, receiving produce, inventory management, demand/supply and order management planning, quality control, safety, and reporting.
A successful Operations Officer is a motivational leader, responsible for engaging their team at every start of the day to achieve the highest levels of performance, safety, quality and attendance.
- Lead, manage and direct associates and casual team to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, quality, and providing coaching and development
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy and on-time shipments, appropriate staffing levels and people utilization, and ensuring product quality; provide periodic reports to the Operations Lead.
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Directing and ensuring top services to farmers/customers
- Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met
- Maintain health and safety standards within the distribution center and promote a positive health and safety culture onsite
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules
- Assists with training material movement operations and casual staff.
- Plan, assign, and directs work.
- Responsible for On the Job Training. Ensures compliance with Comprehensive Safety Procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring company’s production goals for specific produce are met
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policy and guidelines.
- Coordinate set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- To ensure company’s vehicles are used in a proper way.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the management.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in a business-related field with other operational type fields
- 2+ years progressive experience in a fast-paced, high volume distribution operation which included automation
- A Minimum of 1+ years prior experience managing a team; demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Experience in a B2C or E-Commerce warehouse operations preferred
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with different personalities, cultures, and experience levels; promoting a culture of safety, inclusivity, and respect.
- Time Management skills.
- Strong background using Mobile Apps for works such as Farmer Group Software, QuickBooks, ERP Systems, Sales Force Automation, etc.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and tools.
- Logistical skills.
- Tech savvy.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Process design and improvement.
- Project management & multi-tasking.
Logistics: 2 Years