The NOC Analyst is responsible for the technical monitoring and analysis of passive infrastructure issues and outages as they occur across the installed Company infrastructure. To document various mitigation strategies. Reporting into the NOC Manager, this position will also assist with NOC reports as well as establishing “best practices” for NOC support processes and procedures
- Extracting alarms logs from the Remote Monitoring System and prepare the monthly performance reports for Managed Services vendors.
- Initiating and implementing ideas and providing feedback on software tools, procedures, and improvements to NOC functionality.
- Providing assistance with NOC integration, industry monitoring/ticketing tools.
- Analyzing faults resolution process and developing scripts and reports to optimize.
- Developing daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc performance reports.
- Prepare root cause analysis report and share with the relevant team for improvements.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
- Manage change requests internally and externally.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
- Ensure any assigned housekeeping duties are carried out in conjunction with the regional personnel, contractors, and supervisors.
- Support the NOC Supervisors and understudy the NOC Manager to acquire the management skills necessary to manage the NOC activities in the absence of the NOC manager.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety, and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practices.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management.
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions, not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior are always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems/concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a Degree in Electrical/Telecommunications/Mechanical engineering from a recognized institution
- 2 years’ experience in mobile telecom NOC operations and handling will be an added advantage.
- 1-year experience in service delivery and support process handling will be an added advantage
- Must have strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Very good in Microsoft excel, powerpoint, and word.
- Skill in presentation and technical reporting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Should be a very good team player.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- Ability to work extended hours to complete tasks.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Should demonstrate incident & problem resolution skills.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to develop good relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced & unsupervised environment.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed-upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high-quality solutions.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Strong critical thinking skills with advanced abilities in completing data research, analysis, and interpretation.
Telecommunication: 2 Years
NOC Analysis/Management: 1 Years