The Marketing Manager will be responsible for both the development of strategy and implementation of the Marketing program, including developing strategies and tactics to boost the company’s brand & reputation. drive qualified traffic, deploying successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution , experimenting with various organic and paid acquisition channels, tracking and analyzing the performance of advertising campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity.
Business Manager - Strategy and Planning –Steers the Business
- Develop Marketing strategy, plan & budget based on a deep understanding of our brand, the market driven by customer insights, our partnerships and market opportunities.
- Champion & co design systems and processes to execute, monitor, evaluate key marketing initiatives and report on performance of key performance indicators.
- Researching and analyzing consumer behavior, market trends and competitor activity to build and improve the Segmentation strategy to ensure the business maintains a competitive edge.
- Monitor the marketing budget on a monthly. quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
People Manager - Recruit, Build and Nurture
- Motivate and influence the direct report/team to ensure that the team/direct report stays motivated and focused to achieve their performance targets.
- Recruit and co –develop marketing team/direct report.
- Subordinates effectiveness:
- a) Regular review of Department KPIs, performance assessment vs KPIs along with related internal and external reporting
- b) Ensure staff understand the context of their roles in relation to organisation's strategy.
- c) Ensure staff in your department when performing their duties exhibit proper / acceptable behaviour & live the values.
- Periodically conduct performance reviews with team/direct report to confirm performance and develop development plans.
- Co -Develops training programs and plans for team/direct report as well as training evaluation tool evaluation;
- Coach the team/direct report , give feedback and develop talent internally – at least 40% of time should be spent on talent development;
- Ensure staff have the resources they require to perform their work - Regularly visit the regions
Brand & Advertising Manager - Build and Create Awareness of Organisation
- Developing and implementing strategies & produce valuable and engaging content for print, electronic and digital media that attracts ,converts & resonate with the target market and drives qualified traffic.
- Planning and executing marketing initiatives including campaigns, events, point of sales material, sponsorships and corporate social responsibility programs.
- Building brand awareness and increasing brand value
- Measuring and reporting on campaign performance and assessing KPIs and ROI. Overseeing the production of advertisements, promotional materials and mail campaigns and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies
- Ensuring that messaging and marketing activities are aligned with brand and company values.
Customer Manager – Strategically Foster Customer Engagement
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Collaborating with different teams such as sales, hardware customer care, etc.
- Regular meeting with customers to confirm customer satisfaction
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing or Sales). Master’s degree will be added advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience; FMCG, Advertising or Financial Services
- Managed brand or the implementation of an advertising campaign
- Worked in advertising and managed in a brand.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Good organizations and planning skills
- Ability to move and inspire team
- Good Presentation & Negotiation Skills - Branding & Digital Marketing
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Products
- Commercial Consultant
FMCG, Retail & Wholesale: 3 Years
Advertising: 3 Years
Marketing: 3 Years