To support the Sales & Marketing department by carrying out the daily tasks to keep the department functioning and meeting its objectives. The Marketing Associate will assist the Sales Manager and Assistant Sales Manager in planning and monitoring the efficient functioning of their Dept.The Marketing Associate will support marketing operations by compiling, formatting, and reporting information and materials.
- Ensure filing systems both manual and computerized, for self and department, are well organized and maintained to a high standard and according to the Dept’s file naming conventions for ease of access.
- Ensure tasks are actioned and completed timeously, by deadlines and progress is well communicated to relevant parties.
- Manage processes of marketing activities e.g. follow up on PFIs, LPO’s and quality of deliverables – e.g. print work.
- Source and propose opportunities for company brand visibility eg: functions, seminars and exhibitions highlighting their value addition to the company.
- Working with the Sales Team, coordinate basic market research activities with emphasis on target market needs and competition.
- Provide Monthly Marketing activities status report.
- Track Marketing expenses versus budget making sure it is kept up to date on a weekly basis.
- Prepare clear, concise & timely marketing presentations to be shared / communicated with internal and external customers.
- Together with the Sales Manager and Assistant Sales Manager and Directors and possibly an external marketing consultant, actively contribute to the development and implementation of company's Annual Marketing Strategy, Marketing Budget, Annual Marketing Plan, Marketing Campaigns, Marketing Calendar for various marketing interventions, and the monitoring and evaluation of the same.
- Keep track of the marketing calendar implementation - ensuring that planned activities are on track and prompting for adjustments/amendments where necessary.
- Responsible for creatives and all graphic designs of sales & marketing initiatives that reflect the company brand, whether carried out by yourself or by other internal or external members.
- With the help of the Assistant Sales Manager and input from other members of the team:
- Create and post Social Media updates and respond to queries and review social media analytics.
- Create Mass Email marketing letters for distribution to our database.
- Create content for other marketing mediums, such as billboards, posters, ideas for radio / TV etc
- Assist Office Manager and Director with Corporate Social Responsibility coordination and recording.
- Draft, edit and proof-read all materials before uploading them to the relevant forums.
- Maintain schedules, deadlines, and appointments for the Marketing Department.
- Liaise with the sales team to establish requirements for samples and literature to be escalated to product suppliers.
- Assess and enhance communication mediums used by team to external customers
- Assist in keeping company's Brand Manual current and relevant
- Assist IT in the management and update of the company website.
- Organize marketing materials and information for marketing meetings.
- Maintain and organize advertising files - photos, videos, animations, correspondences, press releases, magazine adverts etc
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or Communications or other relevant professional qualification in Marketing
- Good few years’ experience in the advertising / marketing
- The Marketing Associate needs to live by the 3 Fs - Follow Up, Feedback, Finish, and the 5 Cs - Clear-Communication, Collaboration, Coordination, Commitment, Care.
- Have proven experience as a multi-tasker and able to coordinate a 'task stream' which involves multiple people in the process, all within tight deadlines. eg. concept idea, artwork (graphic designer), writer or editor, producer (if print), media agent, etc.
- Have proven experience as a highly organized administrator, data capturer, filer. This job entails a high level of accurate data recording and filing, using spreadsheets, word docs, googles docs, and images, with regular updating and sharing.
- Good writing skills: ability to communicate clearly via email, letters, plus draft newsletters, mass marketing emails etc
- Creative: to the extent that they are interested in the creative side of marketing, good messaging, good image design, social observation skills - a good sense of what is appealing to people - what would make them read a marketing post / advert etc.
- Graphics: A qualification in graphics (even a short course) would be helpful, but not essential, - but an interest in learning and ability to grasp some basics of a simple user friendly layman's graphics programme, like CANVA is important.
- Demonstrate ability to create and post on social media platforms, and interest in developing these skills further - including digital marketing.
- Experience in the advertising / marketing sector is essential.
- Qualifications should be connected to the above needs in some way - directly or indirectly.
- Should have a degree.
- Excellent English and Swahili - written and spoken.
- Presentation skills and confidence for public speaking / PR type roles, is a bonus
- Sales Manager
Marketing: 3 Years