Manager - Treasury Back Office
Responsible for processing and settlement of treasury products including deal validation, accounting, documentation and settlement.
- To ensure all treasury activities are carried out in accordance with approved policies and guidelines.
- To work collaboratively with the business, acting as an escalation point for unresolved issues, provide specialist financial support and information that they value.
- To manage loan repayments, interest repayments and settlement of foreign exchange, interest rate swaps and other financial instruments.
- To manage operating bank activities including transaction processing, confirmation and settlement.
- To manage the opening, closing and maintenance of group bank accounts and the setup and maintenance of group operating and dealing bank mandates.
- To maintain the group online business banking platforms and treasury management systems ensuring the correct recording of all transactions and overseeing technical upgrades as required.
- To oversee monthly reporting on Treasury activities to the Head of Treasury, Chief Finance Officer, Risk and Chief Executive Officer.
- To ensure accurate accounting & reporting of Treasury transactions including month end close, reconciliations, Nostro and GL statutory accounts and notes to the year-end financial statements.
- To manage the Treasury internal and external audit processes and engagement with auditors.
- To assume responsibility of Treasury business continuity plan lead, risk register champion and integrated assurance champion.
- To work closely with Treasury Front Office to ensure operations run in line with policy and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- University degree or advanced diploma in Business Administration, Banking, Finance or related field.
- Master’s Degree / Post Graduate diploma in related fields is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience in the related field in the banking industry.
- Reconciliation of Nostro account
- Timely SWIFT authorization for all products
- TAT for service delivery
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Report writing, effective communication and development skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Integrity and professional ethics.
- Business acumen.
- Teamwork skills.
- Superior attention to detail in order to identify and correct risky practices
- Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines
- Strong moral code and sense of ethics
Head – International Banking Department
Banking: 3 Years