The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as transportation, and supply chain processes. The ideal EAF Logistics Supervisor typically supervises a team of logistics specialists, mechanics, drivers, fleet officers, and together with the warehouse supervisor to manage the warehouse staff.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics and transportation: refills timetable, monitoring fuel costs by ensuring route plans are adhered to and fuel usage is monitored.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate with the field team to ensure that consignments schedule and logistics mechanisms are in sync. Ensuring truck availability in accordance with the harvesting schedule and keeping track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and
- Maintaining metrics and analyzing data to assess performance and implement improvements, monitoring the daily maintenance updates, entailing lower downtime, low maintenance cost, low/acceptable fuel consumption.
- Keep a proper plan and strategy on the spare parts inventory: costing, appropriate supplier coordination, issuing, and tracking to lower down the cost.
- Supervise, coach, and train drivers to comply with defensive driving and all traffic regulations to assure the long-term development of the logistics personnel and trucks are kept in good
- Comply with laws, regulations related to company fleet i.e. Sumatra, insurance, e.t.c
- Provides leadership in team effectiveness by sharing information and encouraging the participation of all team members, building commitment to common goals, and motivating team members.
- Coordinates distribution activities with the sales team to assure a steady, seamless flow of products to the customer.
- Monitor budget; analyze expenditures and other financials in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits i.e. finding cargo for transportation
- Negotiate &/or authorize contracts with suppliers: spare parts, fuel vendors, vehicle leasing companies, and monitor fulfillment.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for the whole team.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency to develop the logistics department.
- Create policies and standard operating procedures for logistics activities.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or
- Supervise the work of logistics personnel from mechanics to drivers.
- Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as sales, order management, accounting.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain or any other business-related field with a focus on supply chain, logistics, or other operational type fields.
- 3+ years progressive experience in a fast-paced, high volume distribution operation which included automation
- A Minimum of 2+ years prior experience managing a team; demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Supervisor
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
FMCG, Retail & Wholesale: 3 Years
Logistics: 3 Years