Logistics Shipping Clerk (Shipping Desk)
The Job Purpose is to assist with shipping line and port operation work and to maintain high standard of service by meeting the department KPI.
- To ensure with Customer Service desk that file have all necessary documents is (Endorse bill of lading, Letter of Authority, letter of Indemnity, container deposit letters etc)
- To keep good care of original bill of lading, it must kept safely.
- To ensure with team that the delivery order (DO) are obtained on time from shipping Lines.
- To keep close track of container deposit.
- To ensure with port team the empty container are returned back to shipping line and keep good records of container interchange.
- To request shipping container deposit refund.
- To follow empty container interchange with transporter.
- To ensure that manifest amendment is done by shipping agents to tally with correct information of the goods to be cleared as well to advise the Declaration Officer on the essential particulars input on CDF/Tansad for port clearance purpose.
- To build good relationship with various shipping line and Government agencies
- To follow permits with various Government offices.
- To obtain shipping line invoice and ensure the payments are done on time.
- To follow and obtain shipping order and seals for export containers.
- To ensure the container deposit refund are closely followed.
- To follow port permits from TICTS/ TPA.
- For any shortage/ damage, seal discrepancy or loss of cargo should be immediately report to the office for necessary action.
- To ensure all necessary receipts are filled in job file after delivery of the cargo.
- To ensure cargo is cleared without any delays or extra port charges port storage, CWR, Demurrage) if all documents are received in good time from Customs service dept.
- To ensure the all the copies of the bill of lading delivery order, shipping order, booking sare all filed on their respective files.
- In case of any challenges escalate the matter to your immediate Manager N+1 or to HOD N+2)
- To comply with company policy.To ensure all the proper documentation and legal procedure are followed which are governed by Tanzania Laws.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department (HOD).
Education and Qualifications
Academic & Qualifications
- Minimum Secondary Education. Professional Training
- Customer Service Training
- IT training
Minimum 3 years work experience in clearing & forwarding.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Fully conversant with MS Office
- Ability to manage & lead a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently & Pro-actively
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to take ownership of the job.
Logistics & Operations: 3 Years
Automotive: 3 Years