Logistics CFS Clerk (Export)
- Responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities for export cargo at CFS including shipping and receiving of various exports goods and maintaining inventory and associated records, planning and assigning daily work, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems
- To look after Export operation at Export
- To follow export empty containers from shipping line depot.
- To received cargo in the warehouse by ensuring proper tally and weight is registered through 3rd party surveyor (ACE/ BV)
- To receive stuffing/shipping instructions from Customer Service officer and conduct the task and by satisfying internal shipping requirements, ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area or personnel, packaging assemblies and receiving into finished goods as
- To ensure the empty containers are position on ground for
- To ensure with Customer Service officer and shipping instruction if the cargo requires lining, dry bags, fumigation and also to ensure stuffing is done either in bags or bulking per Shipping instruction (SI)
- To supervise stuffing of cargo ins presence of TRA, 3rd party surveyor and other
- Government authority as per the shipping instruction
- To ensure the container after the stufying is sealed by TRA and 3rd part surveyor seal and shipping line
- To follow with TRA Customs the Customs Release
- To share daily report and updates with Customers Service officer on the day operation of total trucks offloaded and total container stuffed
- To coordinate with Customer Service officer on the trucks for loading full containers to port from the CFS
- To ensure and handover the driver of the truck with port permit, VGM, Export Order ,Customs release and Loading permission
- Assisting on measuring and reporting the effectiveness of the activities.
- Ensure by developing and maintaining work instructions for all tasks.
- Maintaining work procedures to meet warehouse demands as instructed by operation manager and work flow.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing stock for obvious faults defects and report to Customer service and Operation Manager
- Always ensure warehouse safety are observed
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work colleagues and equipment
- To keep the stock report daily/ weekly and monthly
- To ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy all the time
- To assist in compiling monthly stock position reconciliations
- Report promptly any discrepancies and irregularities relative to the consignment in custody
- In case of any discrepancy /challenges or irregularities related to export shipment escalate the matter to your immediate Manager (to Customer Servicer Officer or Operation Manager or HOD
- To comply with company policy
- To ensure all the proper documentation and legal procedure are followed which are governed by Tanzania Laws.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department (HOD).
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum Secondary Education
- Minimum 3 years work experience in clearing & forwarding.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Fully conversant with MS Office
- Ability to manage & lead a
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to work independently & Pro-actively
- Excellent report writing
- Ability to take ownership of the job.
Automotive: 3 Years
Logistics: 3 Years