The Legal Officer shall be required to provide legal and regulatory advice to all departments of the Company, perform company secretarial duties as necessary and must possess strong interpersonal skills. The person in this role shall also be responsible for negotiating, drafting and reviewing various agreements/legal instruments and ensuring that matters under litigation are efficiently managed.
- Provide corporate/commercial legal advice to the business in relation to the Company’s operations.
- Negotiate, draft and review various agreements/legal instruments, including MOUs, NDAs, ground leases, commercial contracts, tender documents, title deeds etc., with a high level of attention to detail.
- Draft letters/correspondence as necessary and perform administrative work related to the legal department.
- Track projects and update all legal registers whilst effectively managing timelines.
- Proactively interact with members of the business, including the legal department to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
- Regulatory: Engage with regulatory authorities as necessary, providing input into draft regulations and prepare position papers and other correspondence as and when required.
- Perform company secretarial duties.
- Liaise with external counsel to manage and progress litigation/disputes.
- Provide training to the business with respect to key contracts.
- Provide anti-bribery and anti-corruption training to the business and external stakeholders in accordance with internal policies.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Law.
- 2 - 4 years at the Tanzania Bar.
- 1 - 2 years Post Call Course and international exposure an advantage.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry an advantage.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of corporate and commercial law principles.
- Knowledge of land law principles, including title and legal document requirements.
- Experience in document drafting.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levels of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Ability to set applicable timelines and proactively follow up with internal and external customers as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to provide high quality solutions.
Law: 2 Years
Telecom Services & Equipment: 1 Years