We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
- Receive, label and analyze samples
- Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
Education and Qualifications
- Must know how to operate an AAS (Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy) machine and to look after all samples.
- Previous experience in gold mining industry is mandatory.
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience
Mining: 3 Years
Technical/Technician: 3 Years