Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager works directly with our wireless operator customers to understand their network development and expansion requirements.
The incumbent develops prospects and maintains customer relations and ensures consistent technical information flows between the customer and our operations and finance teams. Specifically, the incumbent obtains detailed information on customer build plans, quantifies site licensing opportunities, tracks the development of sites from initial enquiry to site on-air, and ensures that billing is accurate and is timely paid by the customer.
Also responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain solid relationship with Senior Executives, radio planning engineers and network deployment staff for wireless operators in Tanzania.
- Interact with customer executives, directors, managers and engineers via teleconference, e- mails, meetings and select customer events.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer with internal staff including the Manager, Sales Operations, Legal, Engineering and Project Management Personnel.
- Program manage the “Co-location” process with customers from inquiry to site on air by using Company’s program management tools.
- Resolve all issues and disputes internally and externally to drive completion of customer co- locations.
- Deliver signed site share/ licensing agreements and secure incremental revenues.
- Enter appropriate data into the co‐location tracker for Company sites
- Provide account plan updates, financial forecasting and feedback on key accounts being managed.
- Secure contract renewals and additional business within allocated account base in order to meet targets.
- Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations within accounts allocated. This includes but is not limited to; the preparation of formal proposals, management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control.
- Plan & conduct regular customer meetings.
- Develop new business streams through pro-actively approaching potential new customers.
- Provide accurate and concise reports and data to the Manager, Sales, and others inside and outside the organization.
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management.
HR RELATED ISSUES:
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior is always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems / concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
Education and Qualifications
- University degree with a Sales and/or Marketing concentration
- 3 to 5 years Wireless and/or telecommunications sales experience preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role.
- Experience in interfacing with internal and external customers at all levels.
- An active listener with the ability to represent and communicate customer opportunities to key stakeholders.
- A working understanding of wireless networks, their basic architecture, and the role of site selection and the construction of wireless networks.
- A working knowledge of the current wireless carrier landscape in Tanzania.
- A basic understanding of the steps in the planning, construction, and operation of wireless networks.
- An understanding of the key links between reporting data, forecasting, business development and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to influence and motivate others.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions.
- Sales Manager
Telecommunication: 3 Years
Sales: 5 Years