IT Business Partner
IT Business Partner is responsible for ensuring that operations of the IT Department are in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. He/she is responsible for Planning, coordinating, directing, and designing IT-related activities of the organization, as well as providing administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. IT Business Partner is also responsible for managing the Company’s ERP systems and oversees the general function of the ERP System, ensuring that SAP S/4 HANA-related projects run smoothly. The candidate is responsible for the management and execution of IT Business, Technology & infrastructure solutions for the business unit as the key interface of IT to the business users.
Responsibility for Internal and External Relations
- Internal: Ensures the development, integration, and deployment of information (IT) technologies for all departments.
- External: Is a liaison for Negotiating and administering supplier contracts and service agreements for the company.
- Manage the company or business unit's IT portfolio.
- Drive the Group IT strategy and the localised Company IT strategy & departmental budget per the group & company business plans.
- An ambassador between the IT Department and other business Departments with a focus on the best user experience
- Serve as the key interface with assigned business units or functional areas for business technology solutions, service management, risk management, and relationship management.
- Enforce IT policies and systems & localise policies where possible to support the implementation of strategies set by the Group IT team & and any locally agreed policies.
- Ensure a highly efficient IT technology infrastructure, from SD-WAN Networks to local area networks, to edge & end-user computing devices, plant technologies, CCTV & telephony.
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments in conjunction with local business teams to determine their ERP & technology needs while also liaising with Group IT to understand the ecosystem.
- Involved in managing & coordinating various IT projects and undertaking application change request testing and product testing as requested by the group enterprise management team.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software & manage & optimise the entire lifecycle of IT assets.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating a cost-efficient business Unit.
- To ensure the development, integration and deployment of information (IT) technologies that are designed to improve customer experience within the company.
- To implement a continuous measurement, review, audit and benchmarking process to monitor the security, capacity and performance of IT and communication systems.
- To ensure effective internet distribution, accessibility bandwidth management and central anti-virus protection.
- To ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Ensure maintenance of CCTV cameras with on-time download/backup of footage
- To ensure effective functioning of technical hardware, i.e. servers, computers, photocopiers, switchboards, printers and any other technical hardware purchased by the company and software packages, ensuring minimum downtime;
- Manage the performance of the IT staff.
- To keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Management of IT Cost within BBP
- To ensure the effective functioning of technical hardware, i.e., servers,
- computers, photocopiers, switchboards, printers and any other technical
- hardware purchased by the company
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of the department’s annual budgets.
- Approver of all IT procurements.
- Responsible for guidance of the procurement team in ensuring the IT hardware/software policies are adhered to during procurement.
- Recommendation to management in key IT project engagements.
- Participates in the Interview and Selection process of new Employees in the IT Department.
Education and Qualifications
- A bachelor in computer science, or Bachelor in business degree a master in IT related field is an added advantage.
- IT-related certifications such as (CCNA, and ITIL)
- Professional Registration: Registration with the Computer Society of Tanzania is an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years with at least 3 years working in manufacturing set-up or related field.
- At least five years in a senior role in a busy and complex IT environment
- Manufacturing Business Process & specifically SAP S4HANA ERP understanding.
- Industry: Manufacturing with an ERP-based environment
- Fluent in ERP-based integrated environments.
- Business process understanding
- Leadership ability
- Excellent in management of internal and external customers (SLA partners)
- Wide knowledge of business management and technical skills and the capacity to harness and implement business solutions.
- Hands-on working with ERP projects & ERP systems from a maintenance perspective to a utilization perspective.
- Knowledge and experience in innovative technologies, SDWAN, Cybersecurity, IIOT, AI, etc.
Key competencies and skills:
- Strong leadership, self-initiative & team management skills
- Strong partner & third-party management capabilities
- Strong diagnostic & troubleshooting skills from an infrastructure & application perspective.
- Negotiating skills
- Innovative thinker
- The ability to communicate politely, clearly, and effectively and persuade and/or influence internal customers at a high level, such as senior management, on matters of a technical nature.
- Results-oriented, takes the initiative mentality.
- Must possess a mindset to objectively view and effectively explain an issue or resolution from an end-user/customer/business perspective.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment with minimal guidance.
- Direct: Business Head
- Dotted: Group IT Manager
Manufacturing: 7 Years