Health Financing Advisor
In your role you are responsible for the technical, substantive and organisational implementation of a project’s measures and activities. In consultation with your line manager, you also assume tasks related to planning, steering and monitoring the project, including project administration tasks in some cases. You are also responsible for providing specialist support to colleagues and ensure the quality of the commission’s outcomes. In addition you contribute to the conceptual design of the project, in particular its modification or realignment.
1. Facilitating P4H partner coordination on health financing in Tanzania and Zanzibar, ensuring regularity of meetings (at least every two months). This includes meeting preparation, organization / moderation and documentation.
2. Supporting Health Financing and Universal Health Insurance related Technical Working Groups (TWG) in both Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar and represent P4H partners therein. This includes supporting the HF TWGs annual planning exercise and preparing reports on the outcomes of each meeting to the Development Partner Group Health (DPGH).
3. Regularly following-up with the national partners on health financing activities, reform pro-cesses and needs.
4. Organizing and facilitating capacity development workshops for relevant government officials working on health financing and universal health insurance
5. Serving the P4H web platform (p4h.world) with up-dating news, relevant timelines, docu-ments, and collaborations.
6. Supporting the development of reports and presentations relating to health financing in Tan-zania and Zanzibar
7. Participating in the global P4H Coordination Team calls, regular jour fixes with BACKUP Health Bonn, as well as in team meetings of Backup Health and the Health Program in Tanzania.
8. Attending relevant meetings (e.g. of the task force on the development of the National Social Protection Policy) as well as conferences and workshops
9. Contributing to the Community of Practice on Aligning Public Financial Management (PFM) and Health Financing under the P4H Technical Exchange Group.
10. Other tasks as assigned in relation to health financing in Tanzania and Zanzibar and if considered necessary neighbouring countries and globally.
Education and Qualifications
· Postgraduate education at Master’s (or equivalent degree) level in relevant areas such as health financing, health economics, health systems management, social protection, public health, or human medicine
· At least 10 years of professional working experience, of which at least 5 in international cooperation in social health protection and/or health systems financing
· Good understanding of health system challenges in developing countries; very good under-standing of health financing and social health protection systems, including social health insurance and community based health insurance; excellent knowledge of the Tanzanian context.
· Verified experience in independent execution of tasks and packet of activities.
· Working experience in international organizations (technical agencies, organizations, consul-tancy firms, bilateral agencies etc.), is an asset.
· Strong ability to organize, analyse and summarize information;
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required;
· Proactive, client oriented working attitude.
· Excellent communication, coordination and interpersonal skills;
Non-profits (NGO): 5 Years