Head of Sales, Channels and Marketing
To drive the business development and sales execution through country channels and identifying objectives, strategies, and action plans to improve short and long-term sales and earnings.
- Provides in-country leadership in transforming product ideas from their most formidable stages into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the business's financial implications and overall objectives.
- Spearheads the country's sales and distribution strategy and execution, creates and manages a process that drives toward a scalable product portfolio that will drive its product profitability.
- Ensures a continuous improvement in the product and its compliance with market needs wrapped in a product experience that continuously and consistently delights the consumers.
- Ensures evaluation of market trends, product industry, competition strategies and make recommendations on product pricing and positioning.
- Liaise with the functions of product design, product maintenance, and product improvement, ensuring that the product resonates with the consumers and, therefore, boosting the product appeal to the consumers and increasing the consumer base and sales volume.
- Ensures analysis of the performance of the various product to establish product differentiation and execution strategies that will lead to the product's ultimate success
- Oversees the profitability of products
- Ensures all digital channels are regularly maintained.
- Implement the strategies and policies approved by the Board, develop processes that adequately identify, measure, monitor and control Risks faced by the institution.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- MBA would be an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience in a high ranking Sales and Product Management position, preferably as a Head of Product management in a complex business setting or in the financial sector
- 5 years of senior management experience
- Experience in developing and driving products initiatives end-to-end; from planning to post-rollout management
- Demonstrated experience growing a major banking or financial institution P&L
- Strong cross-functional experience across multiple business units and/or industries
- Strong understanding of customer insights and analytics
- Strong understanding of product offerings and customer segments in banking and microfinance
- Understanding customer lifecycle and management
- Understanding of regulatory framework in African banking and microfinance
- Excellent leadership skills in building, developing, and managing a strong team
- Ability to delegate to achieve the right level of involvement on day-to-day decisions
- Excellent creative and strategic problem-solving skills (i.e. problem definition & structuring, analysis definition, insight generation & recommendation generation)
- Excellent communication skills especially with top management and other stakeholders
- Ability to drive the execution of new products, from inception to implementation
- Ability to use an analytical and pragmatic approach to assessing release value
- An innovative individual who inspires and encourages creativity in others