Head of Projects
The Senior Manager, Capital Projects is responsible for overseeing a team consisting project managers, coordinators and outsourced vendors/partners for the timely, on budget, on specification delivery of capital projects planned. Primary responsibilities include managing budgets, project timelines including construction, staff, outsourced vendors, goals and resources.
The incumbent will liase with stakeholders (internally and externally) to understand the project need, allocate resources and develop budgets. Internally the Senior Manager, Capital Projects will work closely with the Sales, Supply Chain and Property teams for land acquisitions and permits required per the project scope and to oversee external contractors working on assigned projects.
- Collocation project delivery.
- Directing all deployment activities including site acquisition, leasing, due diligence, zoning, pre-construction services, internal pre-deployment meetings, client deployment meetings, tech teams and caravans.
- Power upgrades.
- Overseeing the complilation of and concluding all project planning data, project schedule and as well as monitor the progress and report on agreed project milestones.
- Evaluating all collocation opportunities and conducting market analysis to develop qualified strategic site candidates. Conducting thorough financial analysis on all new opportunities using the Return on Investment ("ROI") model. Interpret financial concepts and assumptions specific to each tower sites and communicate this analysis to management during the approval process.
- Creating and managing the agreed project budget (capital budget) and forecast capital spending for assigned projects, including hard costs for site development and related expenses.
- Developing and maintaining expert knowledge of BTS and collocation agreements.
- Creating and maintaining project budgets and schedules from search ring release to tenant install-ready.
- Communicating project status to customers on a regular basis through exchange of trackers and attendance at project meetings.
- Providing responses to senior level customer inquiries and requests for proposal by providing a detailed scope of work and cost estimate.
- Managing billing of milestone and pass-through revenue associated with assigned projects.
- Active involvement with recruiting and training of project staff and contract resources.
- Review and approve project expense requests, purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Ensuring compliance with Environmental,Health and Safety regulatory requirements for all Company personnel and 3rd party vendors.
- Health and safety compliance.
- Conflict Management.
- Providing regular reporting and update on project schedules, project risks and resource management to CEO that details project performance, staffing and new business opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining working knowledge of Master License Agreements (“MLAs”) and service contracts related to active projects.
- Seeking out business opportunities, developing and growing relationships with wireless customers in partnership with sales.
- Setting long and short term goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress, identifying staff training and development needs as well as managing the overall performance of the team.
- 7+ years’ experience in either telecommunications infrastructure/ REIT/Telecommunications organization.
- An internationally-recognized construction qualification.
- Proven experience in managing a Projects team or department as an expatriate in an emerging markets context.
- Proven experience as a senior member of the management team in a successful start-up situation.
- Experience in working with operations, preferably in the telecoms or infrastructure sectors.
- Experience in supervising a team of four or more.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Project Management, Civil, Transmission, RF & GSM architecture, Diesel Generators, DC Power Systems, Technical competencies, Contract management, Budgeting and financial processes experience
- High level of integrity.
- Persuasive and influential. Creative thinker prepared to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner.
- Sound operational judgment.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines, getting things right first time.
- Analytical, problem-solver who is able to identify quickly the key issues.
- Ability to identify strong talent and build individual and management capability.
- Excellent planning skills; Ability to effectively manage priorities for self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Excellent leadership skills; Ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results; Ability to influence and inspire action.
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Excellent strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
Chief Executive Officer
Telecom Services & Equipment: 7 Years
Engineering: 7 Years