Head of Payments
This role ensures monthly performance reporting of all subsidiaries to roll up to the Group performance position.
- Master the industry payment landscape, and market intelligence
- Execute Payment strategy to meet revenue and profit targets
- Optimize all payment channels and platforms at the country
- Form strong relationship with payment partners, card schemes and Fintech’s.
- Manage a strong relationship with payments local regulators.
- Position the bank as No.1 payment bank in country
- Own and ensure the bank meets channel count, customers subscription, customer activities, channel utilization
- Maximize pricing, recognize cost accrual and timely application on a monthly basis, and reporting of financial performance by the 1st of new months.
- Custodian of multichannel systems like ATMs & POS, Agency Banking, Mobile banking, Card Switch, Bank App, Internet Banking, Cash Collections, Bill Payments systems and third parties’ channels system integrations i.e. TRA, GEPG, Billers.
- Ensure financial performance of Payment: surpass Revenue target, minimize cost and maximize profit.
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of payment channels across the Bank's network.
- Update the Managing Director of situations, issues, opportunities, relationships and performance of Payments channels.
- Work with Payment partners to drive innovative solutions and collaborations to drive growth and innovation.
- Work with IT and solution providers to develop new Payment solution for the Bank to match the capabilities at the center of excellence
- Ensure timely and monthly report of channel optimization (subscription, deployment, sales, and financial performance)
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Finance, Management, IT (or equivalent field, Master of Business Administration, or equivalent work experience).
- Experience in IT or Digital payment development or management
- Good understanding of payment products and regulations
- Strong Marketing and Sales skills to drive retail, SME and Corporate adoption
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Relationship management
- Finance: Experience in managing revenue, cost, profit management and reporting
- Sharp business acumen including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return, strong leadership capability, deliverance, objectivity, excellent interpersonal skills, multicultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of regulatory compliance and corporate governance.
- Ability to nurture effective relationship with local regulators as well as government bodies and officials.
- Managing Director
Banking: 8 Years