Head of Operation and Service Delivery
To manage the Operations Division of the Bank. This incorporates all aspects of contact with the Bank’s customers through Customer Services, Service Quality, Cash management and managing the centralized back office function, which includes Trade Finance and Treasury operations, Clearing, Information Technology and Funds Transfer. Service delivery channels are also part of my job purpose.
- Develop new and improved Service Delivery channels and any other additional channels that may be developed, which meet the needs of the bank customers to ensure the Bank remains competitive.
- Put in place an MIS system that will enable continuous tracking of the department’s performance, monitoring of customer satisfaction and provision of management reports.
- Identify and develop new business locations and improve alternative service delivery channels to meet the needs of Bank customers and ensure the Bank remains competitive.
- Organise, develop and maintain front office operations and support structure, staffed by high calibre and well-motivated staff utilising efficient, relevant and comprehensive processes to achieve superior delivery of customer service at all times.
- Manage Bank’s exposure to external and internal risks at the service delivery front, including but not limited to adherence to procedures, optimum cash management within set limits, and physical security of bank staff and assets. Continuously develop and sustain money laundering checking parameters to ensure at all times that the bank is not exposed.
- Manage a business continuity plan for service delivery to ensure continuation of banks services at all times.
- Monitor and manage customer complaints received through letters, suggestion box, or face to face discussions with bank’s staff to ensure maintenance of the highest standards of service.
- Manage projects within budgets, set timeliness and with required effectiveness and efficiency. Put in place a quality management system that ensures service quality is of comparable international standards and is seamless throughout the bank.
- Monitor the activities of our main competitors to ensure that the Bank is in a position to respond appropriately to protect existing business and generate new business.
- Organise, manage and motivate the available human capital within Operations Department through establishment of suitable organisation structure and implementing development programmes to optimise competence and productivity.
- Prepare and continuously evaluate a manpower plan, assess impact, relevance, succession planning and optimum best fit for resource allocation.
- Having responsibility for the Bank’s entire service delivery for all bank customers and as part of the senior management team contribute to the achievement of annual business plans and strategic objectives.
- Organise, develop and maintain back office operations and support structure, staffed by high calibre and well-motivated staff utilising efficient, relevant and comprehensive controls to provide effective support to the business.
- Undertake the day-to-day management of the Bank’s information technology platforms, which facilitate the efficient delivery of customer service and processing of all transactions.
Education and Qualifications
- University degree; relevant professional qualification in banking and accounting is an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in banking operations of which five (5) in managerial role.
- Full awareness and appreciation of profit dynamics in Banking.
- Experience, awareness and appreciation of all aspects of balance sheet management in banking.
- Proven leadership and people management skills with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
- Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of New and Evolving Technology systems including the benefits and shortfalls of investment thereof.
Chief Executive Officer
Banking: 10 Years
Service Delivery Management: 6 Years