Head of HR
Head of Human Resources is responsible for developing and directing the implementation of HR, policies and procedures to ensure the most effective support for the achievement of company objectives while overseeing the general administrative function and activities of the office. The position is responsible to lead the people operations department, overseeing organisations resources planning, learning and development, termination, human resource information systems, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and long-term staffing strategies.
- Manage day to day human resources operations.
- Design & implement organizational policies and procedures.
- Design and implement an appropriate performance management system.
- Design and facilitate management and staff learning and development including induction programs.
- Manage salary reviews ensuring that the market data is properly researched and appropriate for the organisation.
- Manage the provision of payroll through the designated vendor, ensuring accurate management information and staff records.
- Overseeing HR Procedures within the entire group of companies and acts as Head of HR within the Shared Service Center of the Organization.
- Implement and supervise work environment according to the company culture and values as well as to be included recruitment and training & development.
- Manage Employment Law issues ensuring correct working conditions, disciplinary and grievance procedures, equal opportunities, redundancies, paternity pay & rights.
- Nurture a positive working environment and define employee relations practices necessary to promote a high level of employee morale, engagement and motivation.
- Help the management team design and implement the company culture and values and provide human resources advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Comply with Tanzanian employment requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Administer health benefits and retirement plans, including plan selection and liaise with third-party brokers on benefit plan setup and administration.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources
- 5 years + corporate experience within a Human Resources Generalist function.
- 5 years + experience in a senior leadership role.
- Project Management & Implementation
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Organisational Planning
- Commercial Awareness
- Technical HR Skills/Experience
Real Estate: 5 Years
Construction: 5 Years