Head of Finance
The principle function is meeting the Reporting Requirements of all Financial Information users, including Directors, Heads of Departments and Shareholders.
The Senior Finance Officer provides business data and analysis to the Financial Manager within the company to assist in business decision-making and control.
Responsibilities of the job include: preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements. undertaking financial administration and internal audits
- Manage and be part of the overall accounting & control function of the companies.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the management reports, and oversee the evaluation and analysis by Department Heads. Includes making sure spending/expenditure is in line with the company approved budgets.
- Manage operational data and maintain data accuracy and integrity to support internal and external audit function.
- Review financial data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, internal control systems and standard operating procedures.
- Lead and direct the work of subordinate staff by undertaking financial administration and internal audits as well as liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure and creating business strategies to generate shareholder value.
- Supervising a team of accounting staff through a development and mentorship programme.
- Preparing financial statements as required by management and collaborate with head of finance and other senior staff in analysing FCT financial performance.
- Conduct risk assessment and advice on ways to minimize risk.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to aid business planning.
- Provide insights into business performance and work on cost analysis and cost-reduction project.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and adheres to compliance standards as they appear in the Company Policy Policies,Employee Code of Conduct and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Keeps abreast of all United Republic of Tanzania Laws and Policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to company policies, operating procedures specific to their jobs.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree/Masters/ CPA
- Be a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Accountant (NBAA) or equivalent
- Commercial experience within a large complex organisation
- Proven proficiency in computerized applications to Microsoft Office Software ( Word, Excel, Outlook,PowerPoint)
- 5 or more years working experience
- Excellent report writing, project monitoring and evaluation skill
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluation skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Chief Executive Officer
Accounting & Bookkeeping: 5 Years
Finance: 5 Years