Head of Debt Recovery and Remedial
The role holder will handle high value under-performing accounts. The actions would include renegotiations/ restructures/workouts, with a view of returning business retaining the accounts in performing status
- Remediation activities will include review of business viability via examinations of historical performance to identify root cause for poor performance, review projected financials, physical visits to clients, inspection of collaterals, frequent meetings with clients, engaging relevant service providers such as Lawyers, Fund raising agents, valuers, investigators, auctioneers etc.
- Considering the value and complexity of the large corporate accounts the role holder will required to manage the client relationship directly to free up business heads and RMs to focus on the business development.
- Providing timely feedback Credit team and Business colleagues on ’lessons learnt’ from weak credits, to inform required changes policies and processes.
- The person will also undertake regular training to staff who undertake the credit process.The person holding the role will also provide input as required into complex DRU cases, supporting rehabilitation of accounts before they are handed back into the performing portfolio managers.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in a relevant field e.g: Commerce, Economics, Business Administration
- At least 6-8 years of work experience in Credit Management and debt recovery and remedial from a reputable commercial Bank.
- Excellent negotiations and relationship management
- Debt structure and covenant setting skills
- Designing and implementation of turnaround strategies and complex negotiations
- Thorough knowledge of BOT prudential guidelines and other Banking Act requirements related to lending.
The Head of Credit
Banking: 5 Years
Credit Management: 5 Years