Head of Credit
To oversee Credit unit of the bank, providing input into the credit risk direction and appetite. Reporting the CEO, the role holder supports Business development within a controlled credit environment that enables the Bank achieve strategic growth targets and remain complaint to relevant regulatory and intern policies. This role provides support to the Credit functions on certain areas as directed by the Board, with the aim of creating efficiency, standardizing credit Policies and processes
- Ensure that credit function has adequate capacity and capabilities to review and recommend high quality Credit applications that are originated by the business units.
- Ensure regular monitoring of the Loan portfolio to maintain an acceptable quality book, with prompt escalations to avoid surprises.
- Drive remediation of underperforming credits by recommending suitable facility structure and strategies to minimise losses.
- Relationship management on selective high net-worth and corporate customers
- Support Business development by providing input in product development in line with client needs.
- Drive formulation, cascading and implementation of credit policies and procedures in liaison with other stakeholders. Ensure that these are approved by the Board and reviewed periodically.
- Prepare appropriate reports for Management and Board committees, and make accurate presentations to the committees at the scheduled meetings.
- Liaison with service providers/external partners i.e. valuers, advocates on matters relating to credit work function.
- Ensure prompt implementation of all credit related matters arising from Management and Board committees
- Manage operational risks with Credit Unit to ensure compliance with all internal and external regulations and policies. Proactive engagement with the Auditors, DFI partners, BOT
- Ensure all teams involved in the credit process are regularly trained and upskilled on emerging issues to remain relevant and updated.
- Support Credit functions in the group with Credit Analysis as directed by the Board and also share Best Practice to improve efficiency
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Certificate in advanced credit.
- Further qualifications in Management, Banking will be useful
- At least 10 years of work experience in banking in the credit field and based in the Head office Credit/Risk Department for a minimum of 6 years.
- A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
- Ability to balance opposing business requirements.
- Ability to balance long term and short-term requirements independently
- Strong evaluation, communication and reporting skills
- Able to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
- Independent and logical thinker, yet an achiever and implementer
- Leads by example
- Good at managing large volumes of information and can add value through management reporting
- Chief Executive Officer
Banking: 6 Years
Credit Management: 6 Years