Head of Corporate Business
Head of Corporate Business will oversee and provide leadership, personal commitment through cooperation business with the management team, ensuring that the organisation achieves annual financial budget, providing leadership and guidance to the group life sales, developing, and implementing strategic initiatives. The post holder will report to Chief Executive Officer
- Managing and developing New Corporate business (portfolio) to achieve Revenue (Gross Written Premium) budget.
- Developing business retention strategy to achieve portfolio life retention budget.
- Produce profitable growth of the life business as per agreed performance targets.
- Ensuring overall efficiency and cost effectiveness of the department in terms of product delivery, channel management processes and service level agreements.
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Increasing client base
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Preparation and writing business proposals.
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
- Ensure team are proactive and meet all the targets and deadlines.
- Manage team to ensure:
a) They service and maintain customer with high professionalism and maintain good relationship on behalf of the company.
b) Monitor KPI’s for the Corporate Business team.
Compliance & Manuals
- Ensure business is compliant with various laws and regulations as per organisations insurance manuals and provisions of Insurance Act.
- Ensure corporate business group queries are responded to comprehensively
- Active analysis and review of all client bases to understand client profiles, behavioural and lifestyle traits (including product holding mix, revenue contribution, behavioural/ lifestyle analytics) to identify opportunities for increasing customers.
- Keeping abreast of market competition, industry practices and best practices to constantly improve on overall business performance.
- Responsible for supervising appropriate team members in addition to managing internal key relationships.
2.Providing guidance to staff reporting to you on various areas related to the Company
Education and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in preferably in a Business-related field or Economics, Accounting, OR any relevant studies.
- 7 years experience in corporate business.
- Experience in sales
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable and self driven team player with strong interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Capacity to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines as well as willingness to work outside normal working hours depending on the demands of the job.
- Excellent people managements skills, Leadership skills, Innovative and motivating attitude
- Proven planning and organisations kills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software
- Ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients of diverse backgrounds, including C-suite
- Visionary Leadership
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team spirit
Chief Executive Officer
Insurance: 5 Years