Head of Compliance
Reporting to the CEO, the Head-Compliance has a key role to review and monitor the area of adherence to statutory and internal policies/procedures. The development and implementation of an operational compliance framework Reviewing compliance to regulatory requirements ensuring business continuity.
- Ensure Compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Effective implementation of the Compliance Programme to assess compliance with risk management.
- Review of compliance records through the review of Audit reports of specific operating Units on issues of Non non-compliance and the implications thereof
- Ensure that the policies and procedures are reviewed on an annual basis to meet the required standard.
- Review of the timely implementation and corrective action of deficiencies identified.
- Ensuring that the statutory and regulatory obligations to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing are met in full
- Ensure compliance with bank's policy and procedure in order to minimize the risk of the bank's being abused for the purpose of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Preparation and submission of money laundering reports where required. Ensuring that the business continuity team has developed and aligned the
- Business Continuity plans and procedures that are reviewed on an annual basis
- Ensuring that the team updates the detailed information supporting the business continuity procedures.
- Ensuring that the Business Continuity team has carried out training and awareness to all personnel with specific business continuity responsibilities and that all employees are familiar with the relevant provisions of the Business Continuity plans.
- Ensuring that the team holds at least one simulation exercise a year, involving all critical business Units
Education and Qualifications
- University degree
- Professional qualification in accounting and I or banking is an advantage
- A minimum of 6 years banking experience with exposure in Compliance, Risk Management, and I or Audit.
- Experience of having headed a large branch for at least 3 years will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations
- (Internal and external) and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Risk identification and management skills to effectively mitigate /manage the risks associated with banking operations.
- Report writing and development skills
Banking: 5 Years
Compliance: 5 Years