Head of Business & Wealth Management.
To drive and deliver exceptional branch business performance by self and the Branch Business team through the provision of powerful leadership, efficient business development and management, customer relations, team development and related operational risk management.
Strategic Planning & Execution (15%)
- Take ownership of Branch Business initiatives to include strategy formulation and integration of all Channels to achieve set profitability.
- Ensure that departmental financial targets are monitored and managed monthly with reporting on variances against set targets.
- Develop and maintain an effective communication structure within branches and Head office supporting structures to ensure successful delivery of business excellence.
Business Development & Revenue Generation (30%)
- Formulate smart aggressive business plans aimed at harnessing existing opportunities, identifying new ones and ensuring prompt follow up for maximum exploitation.
- Through strategic thinking, formulate reviews and avenues aimed at achieving financial success through increased revenues and cost management.
- Develop the Division’s budget & implement budgetary controls.
- Collaborate with all divisions to identify and utilize synergies aimed at maximizing efficiencies and improving productivity.
- Develop a strong customer relationship management system aimed at maximizing on every relationship to ensure enhanced loyalty and increased share of wallet.
- Develop pipeline generation, monitoring and closure mechanism and discipline to ensure smart utilization of effort and maximize return.
- Conducting market intelligence of relevant competitive industry forces impacting on the business and developing requisite response mechanisms.
- Conduct Product review and development to ensure sustenance of product viability.
- Harness existing and create new business competencies in order to achieve competitive advantage.
Risk Mitigation & Internal Business Processes (15%)
- Ensure prudent management of all business related operational risk.
- Review and manage operational risks to ensure no loss arises from operational lapses and ensure compliance with operations risk requirements
- Ensure full compliance with the Banks policies and procedures.
- Formulate policies and procedures that give the Bank a competitive advantage whilst fully adhering to all statutory, regulatory and Group guidelines. 100% adherence to policies, procedures and statutory guidelines.
Customer Service and relationship Management (20%)
- Develop a strong customer relationship management system aimed at customer retention and maximizing on every relationship.
- Harness existing and create new competencies in order to achieve competitive advantage among business teams within the Branch network.
- Drive cross selling and up streaming by tailoring solutions to deepen client relationships
- Leverage on customer research and competitor bench marking on customer service and customer loyalty /advocacy metrics including NPS scores and drive initiatives to improve them
- Collaborate with various product, credit, operations and functional teams to improve customer service delivery through turnaround times, service level agreements and process improvements.
- Provide clarity of vision, direction and pace to the team aimed at achieving all round business efficiencies and success.
- Through self-conduct on a daily basis, be a role model to the entire team, doing things wholeheartedly, communicating with passion, teamwork and embrace change as a way of working.
- Build, develop and motivate high performance team committed to achieving success through each other.
- Discuss & agree challenging performance objectives and measures for direct reports and provide regular feedback and honest assessment on achievement.
- Guide the team to develop a professional work ethic.
- Motivate staff and ensure they are promptly and properly recognized.
- Train, guide and coach staff in order to develop expertise and build capacity.
- Uphold integrity at all times.
- Ensure prudent management in planning and utilization of available resources.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field – Upper second or GPA 3.0.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- CIM, AKIB
- 10 years’ working experience 6 of which should be in senior management position.
- Setting Business Direction
- Inspiring business performance
- Achieving business performance
- Thorough understanding of bank operations
- Build pride and passion
- Growing talent and capability
- Managing & developing yourself
- Protect and enhance the Bank’s reputatio
Banking: 10 Years