Head of Business Performance & Analytics
- To provide the senior management team with an insightful knowledge of the bank’s business drivers through robust and challenging analysis.
- To provide a proactive approach to improving quality of management information and analysis.
- Finance on budget and performance issues.
- Identify cost drivers and recommend cost control / management initiatives
- To lead the business analytics team.
- As part of Finance function leadership team to play a leadership role by providing insights, ideas and technical accounting and business solutions for the betterment of the bank
- To co-ordinate preparation of medium term plan and budgets including providing management with analytical support to enable them prepare and submit quality budgets within agreed periods.
- To challenge functional budgets thereby ensuring that they are realistic and stretching.
- To ensure capital budgets are adhered.
- Build a relationship with all budget holders at all levels.
- Ensure functional and Group cross working in Country and with Group and Cluster Teams.
- To agree key budget assumptions and to prepare the budget timetable.
- Effective presentation of detailed business performance analysis through production of monthly management accounts.Support and constructively challenge monthly results, forecasts and plans for each of the business line.
- Perform ad hoc analysis within set deadlines and as requested by senior management.
- Identify value adding initiatives in conjunction with Chief Financial Officer and other business leaders in other functions. ·
- Provide accurately segmented information on income, costs and balance sheet to satisfy internal and external functional needs.
- Prepare and submit / forward Ml requests from CMC members and Group Finance within agreed deadlines and to ensure the information meet the highest standard.
- To prepare capital plans and to review every month to ensure that there are no violations of WRA ratios and other BOT requirements
- Be aware of and up to date with all financial and commercial issues affecting the bank.
- Recommend system enhancements to strengthen financial management systems.
- Managing group reporting that falls under planning and performance management.
- Help team members to identify strengths and weaknesses in their own skills and attributes, review their self-development plans and ensure training and development needs are accommodated.
- Coach team members on Planning & Performance Management.
- Assess employee’s performance against contract.
- Review and input to Performance Management Reviews.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Banking, Actuarial Science or Computer Science.
- CPA (T)/ACCA Qualified Member – Qualified Certified Accountant is a must.
- Very strong computer and MI skills necessary for preparation of financial and performance presentations to senior management and Board of Directors. Advanced level skills on Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Strong planning skills – Experience in budgeting process in organisations
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent understanding of competitive activity.
- Good understanding of global and domestic economic trends.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills. Ability to influence senior management across the business.
- Experience in the financial services environment.
- Experience in Leadership positions of not less than 3 years leading a team of two people or more and overall experience of not less than 5 years.
- Excellent Accounting knowledge
- Flexibility and experience to work as Financial Controller will be an added advantage
- Broad knowledge of the Bank’s financial, costing and management accounting processes.
- Good knowledge of the bank’s products and services.
- Good Knowledge of Bank’s balance sheet structure.
- Chief Financial Officer
Banking: 6 Years
Finance: 9 Years