The “Support to East African Integration” programme focuses on the needs of the private sector as well as on social aspects. It is steered by the EAC Secretariat and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The programme works to improve framework conditions for economic growth in the EAC, e.g., by removing identified trade barriers or assisting the business sector in developing game-changing policy recommendations to inform government policy making decision and for creation of a more conducive business environment. Furthermore, the programme assists selected economic sectors in their implementation of regional agreements that improve framework conditions for increasing value-addition.
GIZ supports the East African Community (EAC) on behalf of German Government and European Commission to improve the social and economic regional integration in the area of economic development, health, education, water management and digital development.
This position is integrated in the Cluster Finance and Admin team which provides services to the EAC cluster projects. GIZ is seeking to recruit a driver to contribute to the realisation of the objectives of SEAMPEC by carrying out the below tasks for all cluster projects.
- Finance-management of EU funded programmes, while ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures.
- Financial planning, monitoring, accounting, and reporting for EU-funded GIZ programmes.
- Coordinating with the staff of the finance team, the Commercial Affairs Department at GIZ Head Office as well as GIZ Country Office Dar-es-Salaam.
- Cost output reporting - KOMP
- Contract Monitoring.
- Prepares monthly and annual budgets and monitors deviations.
- Planning and steering on cost basis KOMP (Onsite Reporting)Preparation of financial reports for EU co-financing
- Service package checks for correct bookings.
- Cost and expenditure rebooking
- Support preparation and execution of Internal control
- External audit management and follow up Audit report with partner.
General services for GIZ-assisted projects/programmes
- Contract monitoring and management (e.g. Obligos, Shedule of finance, upcoming payments, Contract Finalization)
- Project closure procedures
- Quality control accountability of local subsidies and financing agreements
Other duties/additional tasks
- Reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay.
- Is responsible for filing in accordance with GIZ rules.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Education and Qualifications
- BA in Accounting and Auditing or similar area.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a Comparable position.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting software.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and Computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Confidential handling of data and information
- Fluency in English is vital. Knowledge of Swahili, German and French would be an advantage.
- Work experience with GIZ and/or European Delegations will be an added advantage.
Non-profits (NGO): 3 Years