The Finance Officer under the supervision of the Regional Director of the organisation will be responsible for the day-to-day financial accounts of the organisation, including working on project planning and budgeting, preparing financial reports, maintaining the accounts of the organisation in accordance with the organization's International and donor guidelines, ensuring that the NGO is in compliance with all national fiscal requirements in relation to tax, etc., supporting partners to ensure financial compliance, managing staff payroll processes, and working on annual audit processes.
Project planning and budgeting
- Contributing in preparing annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Assisting the Regional Director in updating/amending the annual BMZ budget, as required.
- Determining the variances in actual figures compared with planned budget and forecast
- Assisting the Regional Director (and other staff, as necessary) in the preparation of budgets for project activities and funding proposals to third party donors.
- Participating in regular planning sessions with the staff.
- To improve the financial controlling process with new tools
- Construct and monitor reliable financial control systems and processes
- Prepares financial reports required by the Board, donors, and for funding proposals
- Preparation of monthly cash flow analyses.
- Leading and monitoring the overall function of finance office under the supervision and direction of the Regional Director and if applicable Country Director and provide guidance for all other related financial matters in the office.
- Analysis and oversight of financial reports submitted by international organizational partners, and monitoring advances of funds to partners to ensure compliance with the financial and partner regulations.
- Regular monitoring of the balance of funds of the project and preparing bi-monthly funds requests in a timely manner to be sent to organization's headquarters in cooperation with the Regional Director and if applicable Country Director.
- Processing and payment of monthly staff salaries.
- Checking all partner advance expense clearance in detail.
- Assisting in the preparation and analysis of procurement procedures.
- Preparation of payment vouchers and processes for services and products paid for or procured.
- Monitoring the cash flow of the organisation, including bank accounts, petty cash funds and advance payments to partners.
- Liaising with the Administration Officer for East Africa in ensuring that final reports of external audits are submitted in a timely manner to donors.
- Prepares and reviews annual financial statements and annual operating budget
Organisational Accounting (in accordance to the organisation's International and donor guidelines)
- To ensure monthly financial indicators are computed and reported timely and accurately
- Maintenance of all financial files and archives in line with the Management Guidelines of the organisation.
- Cash flow analysis to monitor and secure the liquidity position of the organization
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Check all the payments made by the accounting assist in detail and sign on the documents.
- Monthly inputting of all financial transactions of the organisation's project funds to the Winpaccs accounting software, under the supervision of the Regional Director and if applicable Country Director as well as the Administration Officer for East Africa
- Post daily transaction to Winpaccs accounting system, check payment voucher and journal, petty cash payment voucher and assist with the posting of Winpaccs accounting for other projects.
- Responsibility for all general bookkeeping and accounting processes of the organisation, under the supervision and direction of the Regional Director and if applicable Country Director.
- Responsible for oversight and correct administration of funds to third parties/project partners and supporting partners to ensure financial compliance,
- Implement requirements of the organisation and donors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- The supervision of appropriate contracting of consultants and other contractors, ensuring prompt payment of their fees with any appropriate taxes deducted and paid.
- Maintaining close contact with partners of the organisation and providing guidance and training on financial procedures and requirements, as necessary.
- Calculating all applicable taxes on the financial transactions of he organisation and ensuring that the organisation is at all times in compliance with the requirements of the Tanzanian Revenue Authority.
- Preparation of all documentation and processes to facilitate external audits, and accompanying the work of auditors.
- Ensuring the organisations procedures and processes are in compliance with all financial regulations of he organisation and its donors.
The Regional Director and if applicable Country Director may occasional require the Finance Officer to carry out other administrative/financial tasks that are not explicitly detailed in this annex.
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in Business Administration/Accountancy from a reputable university
- Studying towards qualification of ACCA or CIMA will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience working with INGOs in a development-related field
- Project experience of working with Civil Society and governmental partners
- Excellent computer literacy
- Good knowledge of computerised accounting software
- Profound knowledge and understanding of Tanzanian bureaucratic, tax and admin related structures and regulations
- Ability to support office management
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with partners to build capacity in financial literacy and skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizing skills and strategic thinking
- Open minded, takes initiatives and embraces change
- Able to work under tight deadlines based on target commitments
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Audit: 3 Years
Finance: 3 Years