This role is responsible for supporting the group on financial accounting and managing the financial team. This position reports to the Financial Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Group on financial accounting and emerging issues.
- Preparing & review of accounts under IFRS & US GAAP.
- Preparation and management of accounting up to TB.
- Reviewing & resolving Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Overall management & training of Finance team.
- Evaluation & improvement of the Internal Control environment.
- Expenditure review and implementation of cost cutting solutions.
- Preparation of monthly Management Packs including variances compared to budget.
- Assisting during the annual external Audit.
- Assisting with ad hoc M&A transactions.
- Assisting with ad hoc finance requests.
- Overall review & management of Trade Payables, WIP & Trade Receivables sub ledgers.
- Acting as point of contact for majority of queries raised by the Company.
- Review, approval & submission of vendor payments.
- Assisting in implementation of the Company's applications, controls & share schemes.
- Preparation of Income Tax calculations.
- Review of information required for statutory returns (VAT, Annual returns and Income tax returns).
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ a talented and diverse group of high performing team members.
- Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing new team member onboarding and providing career
- development planning and growth opportunities.
- Empower team members to take ownership of their job and goals. Delegate responsibilities as needed and provide
- routine constructive feedback on performance.
- Create a culture that is consistent with the organization's focus on team member engagement and that aligns with
- the organization's mission, vision and values.
- Lead team members using a performance management and development focused approach to assist in goal setting,
- two-way feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead team members to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
Education and Qualifications
Accounting degree & Honors degree required with CA qualification preferred:
- Audit and Compliance Function
- Finance Policies, Standards, and Procedures
- Financial and Accounting Systems
- Financial Forecasting and Modeling
- Financial Process Documentation
- Financial Reporting & Statement Analysis
- Institutional Finance
- Profit & Loss Management
- Tax Management
- Treasury Management
- Matrix Management
- Business Analytics
- Customer/Market Focus
- Decision-Making and Critical Thinking
- Managerial Courage
- Matrix Management
- Operational Functions
- Organizational Leadership
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Team Management and Team Building
- 3 - 5 Years of Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and intermediate proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
Telecommunication: 2 Years