Responsible for managing the organization’s finances which includes accurate and timely financial reporting, on-going assessment of financial risks and opportunities, overseeing and managing lower level finance and accounting managers as well as assist the General Manager to set and track company financial goals, objectives, and budgets
Objectives of this Role
Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy.
Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and budgets, and reporting against the same.
Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization.
Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow.
Comply with government and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action.
Duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Performance Management
- Principal Accountabilities on financial controls, IT, Payroll, Tax management, and key accounting annual operational plan.
- Professionalism, expertise on the country tax regime and financial regulations
- Relationship Management – with all key stake holders.
- Financial Risk management
- Strategy development and execution.
- Technical Competency with the management and accounting profession
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in the following will be expected for this role: Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- At least 5 years post qualification high level of experience in a senior financial management position, under an FMCG large tax payer company.
- Managing profitability (cost management and return on investments)
- Corporate finance
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Vision
- Look at problems objectively so that he/she can formulate a strategic solution.
- Financial planning.
- Quality management
- Promotion of process improvement
- Forecasting and Budget development
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- An analytical mind.
- General Manager
Certified Public Accountant / NBAA
FMCG, Retail & Wholesale: 5 Years
Manufacturing: 3 Years
Finance: 5 Years