Finance and Administration Officer
Swisscontact is registered in Tanzania as an International NGO and leads coordination and implementation of Skills for Employment Tanzania (SET) Program.
Swisscontact is recruiting for a Finance and Administration Officer to proactively support the team in recurrent financial and administrative activities in accordance with internal operational manuals and different guiding policies.
To apply, please:
- Provide a CV (no more than 3 pages) and cover letter (no more than 1 page with references) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Deadline: 07th of May, 2021 and no later than
- Quote the vacancy title on the subject line of your application.
Swisscontact reserves the right to contact only applicants that have been selected for interview.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. Swisscontact does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position’s primary role is to provide administrative support by supporting the Finance and Administration Manager in all finance and administrative related issues. The Finance and Administration Officer will work closely with all staff, suppliers, partners and vendors with a focus on managing financial resources
- Facilitate preparation of the budget, monthly cash advance, hotel bookings, organize and schedule appointments.
- Order office supplies, vehicle repairs, collection of invoices and suppliers, check regularly office machines and vehicles, and arrange service if needed.
- Facilitate payments and review accountability for meetings and workshops, submit and reconcile expense reports
- Book travel arrangements, schedule appointments, prepare movement orders, and provide general support to visitors.
- Maintain a proper and user-friendly filling and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents.
- Provide administrative support to the component leads including travel and calendar management, preparation of expense reports, and maintenance of electronic and paper files.
- Support the project team in daily admin roles and to keep stock of stationery supplies for the project.
- Put up purchase requests for all approved purchases for the necessary approvals and verify invoices for the raised purchases upon delivery of goods and services.
- Provide administrative support in preparation for meetings, conferences, and other events, including compiling, formatting, posting, and distributing materials, receiving, assisting in the preparation of presentations, and developing and maintaining files.
- Monthly updating and checking timesheets, control annual leave records, and vehicle logbooks including analysis.
- In collaboration with Finance and Administrative Manager organize and check damages and liaise with office landlord for repairs.
- Provide backup support for other technical and administrative staff, as required.
- Apply a principle of due diligence by proactively inform the Finance and Administrative manager of any issues that will require her attention.
- Manage petty cash expenditures as per the required limit.
- Organize procurement, selection, placing orders, and receiving goods.
- Up-date inventory of the office.
- Check regularly office machines and vehicles and arrange service if needed.
- Support preparation of payments to outsider stakeholders who are rendering services to Swisscontact and government organizations (e.g TRA and NSSF).
- Support Finance and Administrative Manager with organizing audits on a half-yearly and yearly basis according to HO instructions.
- Identifying and dealing with daily compliance issues as a compliance officer.
- Maintain monthly office schedule for component leads and MRM Coordinator.
- Quarterly compliance monitoring of component workshops, meetings, and associated valuations.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Management;
- Must be registered as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- At least 1 years of related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Must have advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Internet browsers.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients/customers/employees at all levels of the organization.
- Work requires continuous attention to detail and quality in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
Reports to the SET Finance and Administration Manager, and when required, to the Deputy Team Leader.
Accounting & Bookkeeping: 2 Years
Admin & Clerical: 2 Years