As the Expansion Lead, your mission is to grow the company in the country while driving its commercial success and impact. You will build and oversee a high performing team, run all day-to-day operations, and oversee revenue generation.
As the Expansion Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as the local face of the company: You will be the representative in key Forums and with local media etc.
- P&L ownership: You will have full P&L ownership as you grow revenue and manage costs to ensure profitability and sustainability.
- Business development & partnerships: You will establish strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and manage high-level relationships.
- Student recruitment: Recruiting high volumes of students into the training programs.
- Talent placement: Source opportunities from employers and fill job vacancies with talent outsourced.
- Driving a culture of execution: You will serve as the custodian of The company's entrepreneurial 'doer' culture, rolling up your sleeves as a Founder - no job is out of scope.
- Student applications: Number of Students recruited by your team.
- Placements: Number of vacancies placed by your team
- Customer satisfaction: Number of happy customers in your market?
- Commercial success: The Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) from talent placement, and gross profit.
- Social Impact: % of the trainees in your market and their reported their employment status.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor Degree in any field
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, finance, or operations management
- 3+ years of experience building partnerships
- Concrete entrepreneurial or entrepreneurial experience
- Experience in the recruitment, staffing or talent placement industries
- Demonstrated ability to learn from experimentation and testing
- Leadership experience and/or experience building and growing a team
- Experience and/or passion for new technologies and for closing the digital skills gap in the continent (and creating work opportunities for African youth in doing so!)
- Strong connection with Tanzania, relevant work authorisations preferred.
- Fluent in English and fluent in the primary local language (if not English)
- Entrepreneurial DNA & high level of self-motivation
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong relationship-building skills & stakeholder management
- ‘Roll up Sleeves’ GYSHIDO mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building & managing lean, high-performance teams
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, highly organized and agile
- Data-Driven decision making
- Highly proficient with G-suite, especially Google Sheets (intermediate skills minimum)
- Capable of building financial models
- Flexibility to travel frequently around your region, as well as working flexible hours when required
- Extensive network in the business community network
- Built teams from the ground up or demonstrated the ability to work under uncertainty and bring structure in chaos.
- Proactivity, resourcefulness, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, and entrepreneurial environment. Ability to work independently.
- A courageous initiator: You have an owners’ approach, and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humble & adaptable: You have a beginners’ mindset, and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- A dreamer & adventurer: You are passionate about life; you have a growth mindset, and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilient: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Thrive in ambiguity: You can make decisions and motivate others during times of uncertainty, incomplete information, and change.
Chief Executive Officer