ERP Systems Manager
The organization AS is East Africa’s largest private afforestation company with subsidiaries company in Tanzania, Uganda and Mozambique. The core business of The organisationis to establish commercial forest plantations for industrial wood production, sawmilling and supply of wooden utility poles. In addition, the company manufactures Pallets, Briquettes and trades in Carbon Credits.
- Consulting with business units to determine ERP requirements
- Installing and integrating ERP software/apps
- Responsible for all information systems at The organisationoperations, in particular the maintenance Sage ERP X3 as a functional group wide ERP System
- Systems administration for Sage ERP X3, and routine interfacing with other partners that provides hosting for the servers.
- Installation and implementation of patches and additional modules based on the business needs of the various GR operation.
- Implementation and/or perform software upgrades based on planned schedule. Support finance team on preparation of Management Accounts and Annual Statutory Report (balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flow)
- Management of all data flows into the planning and reporting environments, including governance and validation of hierarchies, security groups, and financial data.
- Performing diagnostic tests and resolving issues
- Providing training and support for end-users
- Writing scripts
- Designing user-friendly interfaces and functionalities
- Provide technical support to HR teams across the group in the troubleshooting, report design and regular software updates on HR information systems used across the group, including Payroll systems, biometric and Attendance systems,
- Assist subsidiary management in the development of Budget Templates and Budget Preparation
- General IT Tasks
- Make recommendations on IT hardware purchases and use Manage external hosting of Solver, Sage ERP X3, Microforest, Office 365, SharePoint Online and company websites.
- Manage group wide internet connections in close cooperation with local IT teams in Tanzania, Mozambique and Uganda.
- Maintenance of software licenses
- Maintenance and licensing of website and online platforms
- Maintenance and licensing of the Group Office 365 platform
Other key tasks:
- To ensure day-to-day financial data are maintained and improved, including data integrity.
- To ensure proper maintenance of accounting information system (ERP X3).
- To undertake analytical review of all accounting records in ERP X3 and assist accounting team in terms of reconciliation.
- To ensure that the system control is strong, identify any point of weakness and recommend needs for improvement.
- To access the current General Ledger structure and provide any recommendation to strengthen it in order to protect data integrity,
- To advise the management on matters related to accounting information system (ERP Sage X3) and to make sure that all the accounting practices inside the General ledger are accordance with IFRS,
- Undertake analytical reviews of all accounting records, auditing entries to ensure accuracy and controls.
Education and Qualifications
- Graduate University Degree (Information system) with strong academic results
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Enterprise Management (preferred Sage X3) Technical Consultant OR possess 5+ years of experience as an Enterprise Management (Sage X3) Administrator.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated expertise and technical proficiency in report design and build for manufacturing industry
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft Windows Servers and proficient with Microsoft SQL Server
- Ready to work in an entrepreneurial environment, continued on-the-job learning and will enjoy working with a team of people from different educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing
- Project management
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in achievement of specified tasks and solving problems of moderate complexity with minimal guidance
- Finance and Accounting knowledge is an advantage
- A passion for technology
- A high level of energy, urgency, engagement, and accountability (100% accountability, zero excuses)
- An innate curiosity, combined with a thirst for knowledge & a creative mind, that will allow you to provide complex solutions to complex customer challenges
- Available for extensive, multi-week, travel throughout East Africa and be willing to spend time at remote locations
Group Financial Manager.
IT & Software: 3 Years
Fintech: 5 Years