Customer Service Officer (Export)
- To handle the local and Transit export clients.
- To maintain high standard of service by meeting the department KPI.
- To ensure the file is opened with all necessary documents (shipping instruction, Commercial invoice + packing list + permits + approved quoted from client within 24 working hours from time new instruction is received.
- To check client status whether is COD ( Cash of deliver) or has credit facility. if no credit then the client must settle the payments in advance ( COD) client before release of original bill of lading or telex.
- To select the next suitable available vessel for booking considering the vessel berthing deadlines.
- To communicate with shipping for booking and follow shipping order+ empty release and shipping line seals.
- To ensure all permits are processed in time with authority ie ( Export permit, Radiation certificate, Phytosanitary cert, Fumigation, certificate origin etc)
- To coordinate with empty delivery clerk for collection of empty containers.
- To ensure the container number and seals are double checked for creation of load list.
- To ensure the container are stuffed and sealed on right side with shipping line and TRA seals in present KVCL Ltd. appointed surveyor ( ACE).
- To ensure the TANSAD is prepared and submitted to TRA for R Number.
- To submit two load list to shipping line (TICTS & TRA Format) prior deadline of vessel cut off. ie six days prior vessel ETA.
- To follow customs release Order ( CRO) with port clerk.
- To follow with shipping line Declaration number and Loading permission
- To follow with TICTS the port charges invoice and needs to be coordinated closely with port clerks.
- To prepare and follow with finance for port charges cheque for TICTS / TPA.
- To follow with port clerk the TICTS/ TPA permits ( TBS)
- To give pre advise and coordinate with operation team on gate out position of container so they can arrange delivery to the port.
- To inform and send pre alert to escort company for clamping of container with GPS lock while moving to port.
- To follow full gate in interchange copy from transporter once the cargo is delivered to the port and has to be filed in respected files.
- To inform clients on the date full container s is delivered to the port.
- To inform the client when the vessel is sailing from Dar Es Salaam port.
- To follow draft bill of lading with shipping line.
- To obtain the draft bill of lading approval from client.
- To follow and process shipping line freight charges + local service charges.
- To pay and obtain original bill of lading from shipping line and deliver as per client instruction.
- To send the complete file with all supporting documents to billing section to get billed
- To ensure the files are updated on Toyota tracking system on daily basis.
- To ensure all payments voucher and third-party invoice copies are filled in respective file.
- To send daily report to client with their shipment position.
- To send stock position every week for the cargo to client for the cargo stored in KVCL warehouse or third party CFS.
- To send the file to billing immediately after cargo is cleared. ·
- To ensure with border agent and TRA that all the transit bond are credited back once the truck has crossed the exit border point.
- To ensure all the proper documentation and legal procedure are followed which are governed by Tanzania Laws
- In case of any challenges escalate the matter to your immediate Manager (N+1 or to HOD N+2)
- To follow company policy.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department (HOD).
Education and Qualifications
Minimum Secondary Education.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in clearing & forwarding.
- Fully conversant with MS Office
- Ability to manage & lead a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently & Pro-actively
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to take ownership of the job.
Customer Service and Admin Manager
Automotive: 3 Years