Country Procurement Manager
The Tanzania Country Procurement Manager will be responsible for the Procurement Operations and Procurement Personnel at all local operations in Tanzania.
The Country Procurement Manager leads and coordinates the local Procurement organization including accountability for local target setting in alignment with global and zonal procurement goals. Drives Procurement value contribution and excellent service to the Africa Zone business while ensuring compliance with policies, strategies and processes.
Manage the Country/Local Procurement organization
- Manage and develop the local Procurement Organization and drive continuous improvement of operations
- Lead team members in accordance with the 10 principles to support the organisation’s overall leadership focus on performance and talent management, values, management and self-management practices
- Manage direct reports including target setting, performance review, and career and training development
- Facilitate intra-category and inter-country collaboration of Local Category Managers and Procurement Specialists.
- Assess impact within the Country of changing global and Zone Procurement policies
- Assess impact of locally changing requirements, including legislation and policies
- Position/Escalate Country specific procurement requirements on a Zone level including changes of local legislations and policies
- Actively support roll-out of Global and Zone Procurement development initiatives within the Country
- Support strong and robust procurement infrastructure aimed at optimizing transactional purchasing activities, aligned with Zone and Global infrastructure
- Promoting sustainable development initiatives throughout Procurement
- Develop and monitor the Procurement budget in the Country in alignment with the Procurement Director; overseeing financial well-being thereof by analyzing cost effectiveness and directing cost control activities; preparing, submitting and justifying budget enhancement requests and profit forecast; lead work on mitigation plans when/if purchase price variance against budget occur
- Support the local business customer in setting up their plans, budgets and strategies
Support Global/Zone category strategy development and initiative execution
- Coordinate resource allocation to support Global / Zone initiatives on a country level
- Lead and support strategic sourcing activities within the specific country
- Act as a change agent in leading implementation of new global procurement initiatives
Support global/Zone category execution by leading contract implementation & driving contract compliance
- Act as facilitator between Global and Zone Category Managers and Procurement Specialists in order to ensure local acceptance of new contracts
- Coordinate contract implementation of major contracts with Procurement Specialists and users
- Follow-up on contract compliance; define and take corrective actions to improve contract compliance, supported by RPSS
Manage supplier relationships on Country level
- In line with defined procurement strategy, support the classification and categorization of suppliers, including definition of supplier evaluation and audit policies
- Continuously track supplier performance (utilizing data / reports provided by the Sourcing Analyst)
- Lead or support supplier development activities such as setting up cross functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost in alignment with the Zone and Global Category team
- Initiate and conduct supplier performance review meetings to define improvement plans and follow-up on execution (as part of on-going operation; not supplier accreditation / technical audit)
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities and re-negotiations, in alignment with Zone and Global Procurement Manage internal customer relationships and satisfaction on Country level
Manage Internal Customer relationships and Satisfaction on Country Level
- Represent the Procurement function at the local governance forums
- Manage relationship with RPSS, review RPSS performance, KPIs and SLAs and agree on joint improvement actions
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders
- Manage internal customers feedback on procurement organisation & supplier performance
- Reinforce and promote Requisition best practices to ensure end users are following proper buying channel guidance
- Within the framework of the cross functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develop and manage the relationship with internal customers
- Proactively organise sessions with internal customers to identify further TCO reduction opportunities, in alignment with Zone and Global Category Teams
- Improve and reinforce procurement’s profile and recognition within the internal customer Community
Education and Qualifications
- University/Bachelor’s degree, preferably in commerce or Quantitative Economics or Procurement other relevant discipline; or a relevant combination of formal qualifications and additional specialized study; a recognized qualification in procurement would be considered an asset.
- Experience within procurement is preferable however not a requirement, minimum 3 years work experience
- Strong analytical skills including cost and spend analysis and high Microsoft excel efficiency
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting allowing the ability to run/read analysis of a supplier’s P&L and balance sheet
- Communicate effectively by conveying information and ideas in English, in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner, providing information to ensure understanding; solicit inputs and provide open candid conversations.
- Develop collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others’ efforts.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple functions and projects
- Languages: English (and local language where applicable) as the working language, other languages are an advantage.
- Ability to conceptualize business impact focused analytics
- Procurement Director
Manufacturing: 6 Years
Procurement / Purchasing: 8 Years