Country Engineering Manager
Lead the Engineering Team to provide the company with professional support in their field of expertise in a cost effective manner, ensuring that all operations are meeting Legal requirements and Group standards and deliver the Business Capex plans
- Provides project management review, control, and approval over multiple areas of engineering, procurement, and construction work for all capital and assigned expense projects
- Maintain and improve the standardized work process for effective project management, cost control, estimating and project scheduling to enable management of individual projects and overall portfolio performance.
- Responsible for performance of monthly capital and project spend forecasting for projects.
- Review project related reports, collect and publish departmental KPI reports, analyze trends for performance and report to and / or advise Distribution / Operation Managers and other department / Depots managers as required.
- Directly supervise project engineers and engineering projects.
- Manage allocation of resources internally & externally to deliver projects as per Business requests.
- Benchmark internal engineering deliveries to market best in class service/cost.
- Leads and inspires the engineering team. Coach and mentor staff, including development of appropriate training programmes (together with HR).
- Enables value adding project selection, completion and reporting. Contributes as an active member of Tanzania Distribution Management team to build a winning team.
- Challenges and supports operational colleagues in OU to ensure compliance with legislation and all requirements of the HSSE MS and Group standards in all operational activities
- Manages resources allocated such that all facilities positively contribute to maximize value to the business activities in the Area.
- Ensure cost effective delivery of engineering services through the use of fit-for-purpose standards, and practices.
- Deliver Capex project targets on quality, budget, and schedule and construction safety.
- Implement and embed in close co-operation with Depots Managers the D-Asset Management and D-GAME processes ensuring the Reliability and Integrity targets for each site (eg: Tank & Pipeline Integrity programs).
- To participate in the company structured networking of engineering teams in order to contribute to and bring back best practice sharing
- Custodian of S&D CAPEX program, including project execution and close out and leadership for technical input to Investment Proposals
- Lead the process for technical input to S&D Investment Proposals (and PIR)
- Ensures proper staffing through attraction, coaching and development of people, covering aspects like Competences, Performance Management and Recognition & Reward
- Participates in Tender Board for major contract events
- Participates in Contract Management Review process
- Other: This position is an HSSE critical position. The incumbent is:
- Member of the S&D Leadership Team and S&D crisis team
- A frequent business driver (more than 7500 km/year)
- A contract holder
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Seasoned professional engineer with proven Project management experience
- Experience with Vivo Energy’s operations such as Supply & Distribution
- Ability to deliver on time and against budget
- HSSE experience
- Ability to lead teams, to motivate and coach
Supply and Distribution Manager
Engineering: 5 Years
Energy & Natural Resources: 5 Years