Corporate Affairs Director
To ensure the overall Company and product image is preserved internally (amongst employees) and externally (with the public) as well as to be involved in corporate level negotiations, relations and communication with government as well as other non-governmental external contacts.
- Identifying and addressing issues of public interest/external business environment that the Company should be concerned with as well as providing advice to Company Management on matters linked to policies, relationships and communication; in effect, “what to do.”
- Developing effective involvement in public policy, and assist the company adapt to its external environment.
- Creating and maintaining investor confidence and building positive relationships with financial community; also called investor or shareholder relations.
- Determining attitudes and behaviors of the public and their causes in order to plan, implement and measure activities to influence or change the attitudes and behavior.
- Relating with communications media in seeking publicity or responding to their interest on the Company.
- Continuing, planned and active participation with and within the community to maintain and enhance its environment to the benefit of both the company and the community.
- Lead, develop and motivate Corporate Affairs team to successfully achieve its set business objectives.
Education and Qualifications
- Maters Degree in Business or Economics
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili (written and oral)
- Advanced Computing Skills
- Five years in a senior managerial position
- Advanced knowledge in Socio-Economics
- Financial/Fiscal knowledge
- Communication and Management skills
- Sound business understanding
- Project Management
- Negotiation skills
- Gives guidance and provides feedback to ensure quality standards
- Challenges status quo, looking for better ways to improve the business
- Drives development based on honest feedback on performance and potential
- Proactively solves problems, explores opportunities and offers alternatives solutions, also beyond own area of responsibility
Manufacturing: 3 Years
Oil & Gas: 3 Years
Communications: 3 Years
Government Relations: 3 Years