Core Banking Specialist
Responsible for deployment, support and maintenance of Core Banking System application and provide instant support to the Systems Administrators to ensure systems availability in supporting banking operations.
- Administer, deploy, support, and maintenance of Core Banking system application to ensure CBS works effectively and efficiently to support banking operations at all times.
- Make sure Core Banking System together with the related channels, they are available to business units and customers on 24/7 basis at the acceptable levels of performance.
- Tests and implement new patches or upgrades to the various systems to ensure compliance to specific business needs.
- Perform system changes and system acceptance testing to ensure systems are operational to support bank operations.
- Review systems performance and conduct system tuning as appropriate to ensure system responses to users is to the acceptable standards.
- Analyse system logs, identify potential issues/problems with the CBS, and take corrective measures to address/resolve such issues/problems.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect the CBS from unauthorised use and user abuse.
- Document the configuration of the CBS for easy support.
- Maintain confidentiality of Bank’s data and customers’ information to ensure unauthorised persons cannot access the same.
- Perform CBS disaster recovery testing in line with IS policies and procedures to ensure core systems availability as per Bank’s Business Continuity Plans
- Follow-ups with core systems vendors to ensure issues logged are resolved within reasonable SLA timelines
- Interpret business requirements correctly to systems vendors for delivery of correct solutions that meet the stated business requirements
- ICT and Bank Management may assign other responsibilities as needed.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of general ICT Systems support experience in banking environment and 3 years being in Core banking system support, Projects and User acceptance test.
- Experience in managing Back up / Recovery processes and Systems / Business Continuity.
- Technical interaction with vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Technical knowledge of Core Banking Systems administration, systems backup and support.
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting and faults rectifications in the systems.
- Experience of working in a deadline-oriented incident management environment managing multiple issues simultaneously.
- Experience and ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced atmosphere
Banking: 3 Years
IT & Network Administration: 5 Years