The Construction Manager will be responsible for planning construction projects and overseeing the progress milestones in a timely and cost-effective manner. He/she will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects of the Project as well as the proﬁtability and compliant operation of its legal entity
- Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Accountable for proactive leadership and management of projects through suggestive strategic advice on solutions to GPM for decision making
- Accountable for the project timeline, budget and projected proﬁt
- Accountable for delivered construction quality
- Accountable for transparency, reporting & positive relation to the GPM
- Accountable for legal & ﬁnancial compliance of the project
- Accountable for the compliance with the companies code of conduct for project staﬀ
Education and Qualifications
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in real estate development, urban planning, community development, or related ﬁeld; or Master’s degree and two years of professional Preferred experience includes preparing applications for real estate projects; experience managing construction draw processes.
- construction draw
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, ﬁnancial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business Ability to eﬀectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to negotiate with suppliers, service partners and contractors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to deﬁne problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word Knowledge of G Suite preferred.
- Other Skills and Abilities: The ability to successfully manage a large number of unrelated tasks and projects Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work under high pressure.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workﬂows and
- Financial Analytical Skills - synthesizing of ﬁnancial data, projections, predictions and
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and
- Technical Skills – Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings;
knowledge of site planning, architectural design, aﬀordable housing ﬁnance precepts; experience securing government entitlements such as zoning; construction techniques; real estate law; negotiations.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clariﬁcation; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data eﬀectively; Able to read and interpret written
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s eﬀorts to
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best ﬁt the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Eﬀectively communicates changes to relevant
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and oﬀers help when
- Leadership - Internal: participates in relevant annual budgeting and strategic planning; works eﬀectively with internal support services (ﬁnance, human resources, IT, and development); Participates in internal leadership committees
Real Estate: 3 Years
Construction Management: 3 Years