Communications Coordinator - Swisscontact
The communications coordinator will be responsible for coordinating SET communications to ensure consistent and accurate messaging to external stakeholders, and for designing and developing public relations materials in line with the relevant organizational and Program guidelines and priorities
She/he will directly report to the Team Leader of SET, based in Morogoro.
A) Public relations
- Familiarise yourself with the communications SET strategy and plan as well as with the communication guidelines of Swisscontact
- Develops common communication material for the project, including templates for letters, presentation, publications, etc. and communicate this to all SET staff.
- Jointly with the component managers develops public relations materials related to the Program.
- Ensures that all public relations materials are developed in line with relevant organizational and Program guidelines and provide accurate and consistent information.
- In consultation with his/her supervisor, prepares relevant information and materials to satisfy SDC requests related to public relations and communication.
- Liaises with Swisscontact Regional communication/KCM Officer to ensure that the Program is informed of, and utilizes in its public relations activities, relevant best practice within the organization and complies with any new directives.
- Leads the process of developing public relations material for the SET overall and for specific components.
- Maintains good working relations with media outlets, ensure their participation in relevant Program events and share relevant Program news for publication.
- Jointly with the project team develops or provides inputs for project related newsletters and publications.
- Liaises with Swisscontact Head office to update and maintain Swisscontact website, social media outlets (LinkedIn and Facebook) to ensure growth of audience and engagement.
C) Program events
- Prepares press releases for Project-related events, in collaboration with relevant Program personnel.
D) Other tasks
- Drafts annual communications plans and estimated budgets.
- In consultation with the finance team prepares relevant documents for contracting of photographers, videographers or other external experts in line with the approved communications plan.
- Supports the inclusion of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Conflict Sensitive Program Management (CSPM) into communications materials and/or reporting.
- Performs any other tasks as requested by the Project Manager.
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to SET Team Leader (email@example.com) not later than 5:00 PM (EAT time) on 18th October 2021.
- The consortium respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma/bachelor in a related subject; and/or relevant work experience. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position;
- Previous experience in closely working with international or national organizations in a similar role would be an advantage
- Analytical and independent thinker with initiative and drive;
- Excellent networking skills and team worker;
- Ability and sensitivity to interact and work with Government officials and business people;
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems;
- Excellent ability to use Microsoft office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
Team Leader of SET, based in Morogoro
Non-profits (NGO): 2 Years
Communications: 5 Years