Communications and Information Technology Officer
The Communications and Information Technology Officer (CITO) will ensure that the organisation's Communications Strategy and wider membership, programmatic and development strategies support each other. Additionally, the CITO will work to deliver effective and secure information technology (IT) systems.
Under the supervision of the Director of Programmes, the CITO’s main responsibilities include:
- Synthesise membership data into comprehensive reports that can be delivered to the Chief Executive Officer and Board Members.
- Manage, track and evaluate membership renewal activities.
- Liaise with the Finance Team to ensure membership information and payments are up to date.
- Coordinate with the Programmes Team on production and dissemination of member journals, e-Newsletters, and e-Bulletins.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with media outlets.
- Create high quality, compelling content for various information dissemination platforms for various targets.
- Plan and direct communications that profile and showcase the organisation's work.
- Organise the monthly e-Newsletter with input from the Team.
- Support the use of technology between organisation Members and the organisation Secretariat.
- Enable the delivery of effective and secure IT systems.
- Contribute to development and implementation of IT standards/policies.
Education and Qualifications
- A university degree in business, marketing, communication or related discipline.
- An advanced university degree will be an added advantage.
- Course(s) or certificate(s) in IT and/or marketing for non-profit organisations considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal fluency in the English and French languages. Additional African Union languages will be an added advantage.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate their working knowledge of successful and current communications and IT strategies in the context of non-profit organisations and/or private law firms on the African Continent.
- Excellent analytical, communication and/or interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in multi-lingual and multi-cultural environments.
- Competency in navigating through membership engagement software.
- Excellent technical knowledge of and experience with a variety of technologies.
- At least three years of communications and IT experience.
Director of Programmes
Communications: 3 Years
IT & Network Administration: 2 Years