To manage and coach a team of Account Managers to retain and maximise volume and profitability for new and existing customers of the B2B Sales & Support Team in Tanzania, utilizing telephone, face-to-face sales and marketing techniques
- Agree, monitor and achieve individual and team sales targets for both new and existing customers and be accountable for the overall team performance in line with B2B business plans (e.g. margin, growth, named customer CVP, customer churn and trade debtor target.)
- Motivate and lead the team to exceed set sales targets through the implementation of sales tools and processes (SPANCOP).
- Provide input to the development of B2B sector strategies. Provide leadership to develop and implement approved marketing initiatives and customer value propositions.
- Ensure through personal involvement in significant negotiations, the creation and maintenance of relationships with key customers and key stakeholders.
- Coach the team to meet development goals and to exceed team and individual targets – provide development guidance to team and be accountable for personal and team development
- Set, monitor and act upon Key Sales Indicators to motivate and manage staff. Provide regular performance feedback to team members and conduct/facilitate the performance management process.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and contacts at the appropriate levels with the Service Providers to assist Account Managers & FLTS to resolve complex issues across functions and improve customer service levels.
- Ensure that team and self, work within agreed authority levels with credit management, pricing, etc. to ensure that there is minimum risk to the organisation
- Ensure that the team is providing the required level of service to customers at the most appropriate cost.
- Ensure the team acts within strict Health & Safety guidelines leading by example and be responsible for proactive HSSE issues that may impact themselves, the office or customer environments
Education and Qualifications
- Degree with Sales experience in front line sales role or minimum 5 years experience at a Senior management level.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead a team; previous coaching and management experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Sales & Marketing in field environment
- Strong business sense with good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Selling and Negotiating Mastery
- Delivers Results Mastery
- Coaching and Development
- Working in and Building Teams
- Customer Relationship Management Mastery
- Market Awareness
- Customer Value Proposition
- Channel Management
- Managing Director
Oil & Gas: 8 Years
Sales: 8 Years