Chief Operating Officer
We are looking for a dynamic leader who will oversee the company's administrative functions and daily operations. The COO will ensure the company operations, managerial and administrative procedures, reporting structure and internal controls are effective and increase the overall efficiency of the company. Provide and promote a good working environment for all employees stimulating their performance and development as well as conforming to the group culture and values. The COO will be responsible for overseeing the six departments under the Shared Services department namely Finance, HR/Admin, Legal, Procurement, Client Services and Marketing.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver the shared services organization’s vision.
- Monitor and supervise the day-to-day performance of the shared services departments.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Execute and implement the organization vision via a long-term strategic roadmap.
- Coordinate with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Functional Department Heads (Finance, HR/Admin, Legal, Procurement, IT, Client Services and Marketing) to develop, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company.
- Management of Shared Services.
- Ensure that the services the SSC provides are in line with a number of key business stakeholders’ expectations and communicate as required. The key business stakeholders include; the Executive Board, the business function leadership teams (Heads of; Finance, HR/Admin, Legal, Procurement, IT, Client Services and Marketing)
- Build strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, vendors, banks, investors and all other professional business relationships.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Create effective assessment tools to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
- Ensure that there are proper IT Systems (Hardware and Software) to support the company's daily operations.
- Work with stakeholders to identify areas of improvement and innovation opportunities.
- Ensure that the overall operation of the SSC supports the company mission and values statements and that all the activities are carried out in compliance with the company code of conduct and policies.
- Ensure effective financial stewardship and demonstrate value creation.
- Ensure that there are suitable governance practices in place to protect the business, this ranges from ensuring legal and regulatory compliance all the way to robust business continuity planning and management.
- Create and inspire a supportive climate by keeping employees motivated and focused on the business priorities.
- Establish quality control mechanisms such as surveys, periodic data quality assurance reviews and error escalation procedures.
- Promote open dialogue and collaborative work so that all opinions and best practices are represented in the development of innovative business solutions in order to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Creates a disciplined culture of achievement by ensuring that there are regular evaluations of the results of operations and reporting of the SSC performance to the Board.
- Maintain an ongoing focus on providing improved capabilities that contribute to better business operations and outcomes.
Customer and Stakeholder Management:
- Ensures consistent delivery of higher quality and better value services by the SSC that meet or exceed the key business stakeholders’ expectations.
- Actively communicate and manage change within SSC.
- Establish and oversee the key performance metrics to ensure the SSC is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure clear SLA's and KPI's align to effective and positive experience on all services provided.
- High-level Government liaison.
- Provide operational advisory to the sister companies.
- Strategize on the improvement of Customer Experience Quality.
- Strategize on complaint management.
- Develop and oversee processes and workflows.
- Oversee customers surveys.
- Oversee general communication quality.
- Strategize on penalty handling.
- Oversee the development of the company's budgets and projections and approve them.
- Approve and authorize payments.
- Approve financial statements.
- Strategize on negotiations with Authorities.
- Develop marketing strategies and oversee their implementation.
- High-level event planning.
- Oversee the company's public relations and external communication.
- Manage the quality of campaigns and general marketing activities.
- Authorize any official letters to government authorities.
- Provide strategy on key corporate finance decisions such as shareholding, merger and acquisitions.
- Provide high-level inputs and recommendations on all contractual matters (e.g., revision of Project Sales Agreement).
- Lead and manage the departments responsible for providing shared services support to all companies and projects.
- Develop and maintain the company’s recruitment standards, and the internal policies of the HR/Admin department.
- Promote a high-performance culture, with a focus on team collaboration, simplicity, ongoing improvement and creating an excellent employee experience.
- Create and drive an effective people strategy, organization model, talent and skills development strategy, and engaging culture for the SSC.
- Ensure the SSC has the right staffing through involvement with the selection, training, and career development programs.
- Develop KPIs and measurement systems for all senior positions.
- Strategize and provide decisions on employee loans, bonuses etc.
- Approve staff leave applications.
- Develop and implement succession planning within the company.
- Create an environment that will promote employee retention and performance.
- Mediation and high-level dispute resolution.
- Proven experience of working as Chief Operating Office or relevant role.
- Have extensive experience of defining and leading the transition of activities to an offshore environment, (either captive shared service centre or to an outsourcing partner)
- Demonstrate an understanding of key business functions such as Finance, HR/Admin, Legal, IT and Marketing.
- A track record of delivering strategic-level changes. Able to generate commitment to change across broad group of stakeholders.
- Competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Have a strong influencing skill and build rapport easily, able to influence a range of internal and external, technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven organizational and leadership skills in managing teams and experience of leading multi-work stream and management projects.
- Have an ability to operate both at the strategic and operational level.
- Have a strong level of general business acumen, and think conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment.
- Have an ability to lead a culturally diverse team.
- Chief Project Officer
Finance: 8 Years
Operations: 6 Years