Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for ensuring that Operations of the bank are conducted in a smooth manner as per the expectations and standards set by the Bank and the Regulatory Authorities.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing of functional policies and processes of the Banking Operations in line with local and group practices.
- Responsible for developing, executing and reviewing the implementation of the annual strategic plan of the Banking Operations in line with the core vision and mission of the Bank.
- Responsible for coordination and management of work process flow of All Departments that performs Banking Operations
- Responsible for planning and conducting annual staff performance appraisal under Operation Department this Includes an annual review of job descriptions and performance targets.
- Responsible for assessment and mitigation of key risks of the department
- Champion the rollout of digital transformation of the Bank
- Assist business units to design or procure Fintech products and services along with a business strategic focus
- Responsible for availability of robust Alternative Delivery Channels.
- Responsible for the availability of efficient ICT help desk services and support.
- Oversee and monitor the development and maintenance of communications networks.
- Oversee perform the technical support function such as database, security, quality and standards. Use knowledge, experience and analytics to craft end-to-end user experiences that are contemporary, exciting, and efficient by virtue of being digitally enabled.
- Oversee design, acquisition, and delivery of IT training and training material for end-users.
- Oversee implementation of Disaster Recovery and security Plan and ensure their effectiveness.
- Oversee Effective operations of Alternative Channels.
- Oversee Money Transfer operations
- Oversee Centralized Processing operations
- Over Centralized Clearing operations
- Oversee Branch Operations Management
- Oversee Card payment systems and operations.
- Oversee international Banking Settlements
Education and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree /Post Graduate Diploma in related fields.
- Professionals Qualifications in related fields.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Banking Operations of a reputable Commercial Bank, 8 of which is in a managerial position
- Demonstration of deep knowledge of modern Banking Operations.
- Demonstration of work experience in managing Alternative Channels.
- Demonstration of working experience in project and facilities management.
- Demonstration of ability to remain abreast of best practices, new developments, and current in Fintech.
- Demonstration of working experience in managing Centralized Banking Operations, such as Clearing, Transfers, and reconciliations.
- Demonstration of being Energetic and enquiring.
- Demonstration of Self-motivation, reactiveness, and positive attitude.
- Demonstration of ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstration of excellent Communication Skills.
- Demonstration of effective Leadership Skills.
Banking: 7 Years
Operations: 5 Years