Chief Finance Officer
The Chief Finance Officer will have overall responsibility for the financial management and control of the Company and leadership of the Finance function, including ICT, procurement, fleet and office facility.
This role also supports the Operations and Sales groups by providing relevant financial information to aid pricing decisions and to identify opportunities to maximize financial performance. Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the appointee will be a key member of the management team, contributing strongly to the leadership and strategic management of the Company.
The Chief Finance Officer in partnership with Human Resources, will source and recruit top talent for the Company's finance team and ensure on-going training and development of such team for the successful execution of finance deliverables.
- Overall responsibility for the management of Company’s finances.
- Set up and lead the finance function through the recruitment, selection and orientation of capable candidates for the identified roles.
- Ensure an accurate and efficient financial close, reporting financial results to the General Manager on monthly, quarterly and annual bases, meeting strict deadlines.
- Produce monthly management reporting as required to support the business in operational and strategic decision- making.
- Ensure the timely collection of customer payments and payment of suppliers’ invoices.
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures for both IFRS and US GAAP reporting, and design a strong internal control environment.
- Prepare annual budgets and five-year business plans (and periodic re-forecasts) and monitor performance against these objectives.
- Serve as business partner to operations and sales functions.
- Oversee the management of the Company’s non-operational physical assets and IT systems. Manage key external relationships with auditors, banks, tax advisers and other partners.
- Lead and develop a small team of finance staff ensuring maintenance of functional standards and continuous development
- Ensure compliance for all Company tax matters, including those for personnel, VAT, WHT and Income Tax. Manage the procurement team and processes, including responsibility for the vehicle fleet and office facility. Manage local ICT personnel and outsource vendor to optimise office IT environment.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Tanzania, and shall also comply with Company’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- Live Company’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Perform any other duty as directed by line management.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ a talented and diverse group of high performing team members.
- Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing new team member onboarding and providing career development planning and growth opportunities.
- Empower team members to take ownership of their job and goals. Delegate responsibilities as needed and provide routine constructive feedback on performance.
- Create a culture that is consistent with the organizations focus on team member engagement and that aligns with the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Lead team members using a performance management and development focused approach to assist in goal setting, two-way feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead team members to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
HR RELATED ISSUES:
- Ensure positive team actions under any circumstances.
- Ensure ongoing feedback is provided and corrective action is taken where required.
- Focus on solutions not problems.
- Ensure that appearance and behavior is always in line with the Company’s policies and other guidelines.
- In a timely manner, escalate matters as appropriate to the line manager and/or the escalation matrix stipulated in the relevant Company / Group policy.
HSSE AWARENESS AND ACTION:
- Ensure that own vehicle and other company equipment is operated in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Raise any HSSE deviations and/or perceived problems / concerns to the urgent attention of senior management.
- Ensure that all officers within the department comply with the Organisation’s health and safety requirements.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience preferably in telecommunications infrastructure / REIT/ telecommunications organization.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS.
- 2+ years in a Director of Finance capacity in a Multi-National Organization.
- An internationally-recognized accounting qualification.
- Proven experience in managing a finance function in an emerging markets context, preferably in Finance Leadership.
- Proven experience as a senior member of the management team in a successful start-up situation.
- Experience in working with operations, preferably in the telecoms or infrastructure sectors.
- Experience in supervising a team of four or more. Experience in working and coordinating with others in different geographic locations and time zones.
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines, getting things right first time.
- Analytical, problem-solver who is able to identify quickly the key issues.
- Ability to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless customer experience and resolve issues.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying high quality solutions.
- Ability to identify strong talent and build individual and management capability.
- Excellent planning skills; ability to effectively manage priorities for self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results; ability to influence and inspire action.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of set goal and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful solution sets.
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Excellent strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
- High level of integrity.
- Collaborative and team player.
- Calm and confident.
- Persuasive and influential. Creative thinker prepared to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner.
- Sound commercial judgment.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Chief Executive Officer
Telecom Services & Equipment: 10 Years
Finance: 10 Years