A professional Accountant accredited by an internationally recognized accounting board.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Timely Review & Produce Bank Reconciliation, Vendor/Customer, Cash & Branch Account Reconciliation.
- Ensure Timely Submission of Monthly VAT, With Holding, PAYE, SDL returns. Half yearly P9 -P10 & with holding returns.
- Produce error-free accounting reports
- Analyse financial information and summarise financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and accuracy in record keeping.
- Provide technical support and assist CFO in preparation & presentation of Monthly Management Accounting, And Other Monthly/Quarterly Management Report.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial Budgets & Forecast exercise
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits, tax returns.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with CFO and Group CFO to improve financial procedures
- Other Reporting and/or Analytical tasks as and when assigned
Education and Qualifications
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting ERP software packages
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and Pivot tables
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g., CMA or CPA) will be preferred
- 2 years Proven experience as Senior Accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
Manufacturing: 2 Years
Accounting & Bookkeeping: 2 Years